Cornerstone No Longer Loading (Redirects to Content Page)

Anyone have any idea why this keeps happening, so very frustrating.

Here’s a GIF of what’s happening;
CloudApp

Host: GoDaddy

WordPress 4.9.5

Plugins Installed:
Cornerstone Version 3.0.4
Gravity Forms Version 2.3.1
Lastform Version 2.1.1.2

Attempted Fixes:
Deactivating all plugins exception cornerstone
Switching and switching back to X Theme
Deactivating & Reactivating Cornerstone

Please help, at my wits end here.

Hi @Sombees,

Please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thanks @christopher.amirian - Unfortunately none of those fixed the issue when I did each item.

I’ll add a secure note reply to this for you to login and troubleshoot yourself. Thanks again for the support.

Also just to clarify, the issue is that Cornerstone is not allowing me to edit any of the pages anymore. I did not have this problem before, seemed to come out of nowhere.

My site only has 3 plugins active currently, one of them being cornerstone.

Hi There!

I checked your site and can confirm the issue. Also, I found few of the JS file is not loading in the site which is required by cornerstone to load.

This is due to several reasons, your server may be blocking the file to load or maybe the file is corrupt.
Can you please re-upload your theme file via FTP? and please remove all custom JS from the site and test if the issue resolved.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Thanks for that! So I deleted cornerstone, and deleted the them as well. Then downloaded a fresh copy of x and re-installed everything only to have the same issue as before.

When you say via FTP is this to wipe all the pages and all their content or wipe any saved files from the old theme file?

Not sure how to go about that part.

Hi There,

No, what that means is to reinstall the X Theme manually (via FTP). Anyways I was not able to check the site because the credentials you provided above does not work anymore. But I’ve seen this kind of issue before and it’s because of the PHP memory limit.

I read that you already tried what Christopher suggested above, but would you mind increasing your site’s PHP memory limit again. To do this, please access/edit your wp-config.php file located in the root directory of your Wordpress installation via FTP or cPanel’s File Manager. Then add the following lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Add it just before the line:

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Sometimes hosting does not allow user’s to increase the memory limit on their own, install this plugin to check if your memory limit has successfully bump. If not, please contact your hosting on how you can increase the memory limit effectively.

And another thing, please navigate to Theme Options > CSS and find that css block below, notice the background-image: url please update that because that is throwing an 500 Internal Server Error

footer.x-colophon {
	background-image: url(http://demo.twinstechnolabs.com/clients/manuelsbodyshop/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/footerBg.jpg);
	background-size: cover;
	background-attachment: fixed;
	background-position: top center;
}

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.