Cornerstone logs me out of my Wordpress session

Hi guys,

I’ve got yet another issue with Cornerstone.

Whenever I try to edit a post with Cornerstone i’ve got less than a 50% chance of it actually working anymore since the updates.

My main issue now is that whenever I try edit a post with Cornerstone it logs me out of Wordpress and I’m presented with a log in screen. After I log in again, the elements on Cornerstone fail to load.

Please can someone from the team help me out. I’m extremely frustrated that I cannot add simple posts.

Kind regards,
Vaughan McShane

1 Like

Hi Vaughan,

Please confirm that you have done the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If this didn’t help, then please provide us with WordPress Dashboard login details in a “Secure Note” so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks.

Hi @Alaa,

Thank you for your reply.

I have made my way through your list and, unfortunately, nothing has fixed the issue.

I will send you my login details now.

Kind regards,
Vaughan McShane

Hi Vaughan ,

I can see a number of sites under your name, do you mind providing us the url of the site you are having an issue with.

I check in thetravelmanuel site but can’t replicate the issue.

Please make sure you have the latest version of wordpress and you have at least php version 5.6 installed in your server.

Thanks

Hi @paul.r,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, actually the problem is with http://thetravelmanuel.com - I’m surprised you cannot replicate the issue because I can’t add content to any new post with cornerstone.

It lets me create a post but when I try to add text or images to a new section it just logs me out again or fails to save the content.

I have the latest Version of wordpress and my host is WPEngine and I have just confirmed they are running PHP 5.6

Kind regards,
Vaughan McShane

Hi Vaughan,

I couldn’t reproduce this issue too, please check this screencast and let me know if there is something I’m missing:

What I’m thinking of right now is that it could be something related to your browser, I suggest clearing your browser cookies and cache, also try to recheck this issue using different browser.

Let us know how it goes,
Thanks.

Hi @Alaa,

Thanks again for your response - you totally nailed it. This seems to be a problem limited to Safari. Using Chrome browser works perfectly.

Thank you for your time. You guys really helped me.

Kind regards,
Vaughan McShane

Glad that we could help you!

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.