Cornerstone logout issue

Hi,

I’m using X theme version 6.5.6 with Cornerstone version 3.5.5.

I’ve located the issue to only apply when x-child is activated, so I tried to download and enable a clean “default” x-child, but problem still persist.

When clicking “Edit with Cornerstone” everything is fine, but when I click “Options” in the Cornerstone menu, I get logged out, and developer console gives me this:

Rejecting AJAX promise {invalid_user: true, message: "nonce verification failed."} Transition Error {invalid_user: true, message: "nonce verification failed."} e {state: e, intent: r, router: e, data: {…}, resolvedModels: {…}, …} Uncaught {invalid_user: true, message: "nonce verification failed."}

As implied doing the same without x-child enabled, options are loading just fine.

I’ve tried to set new keys in wp-config from https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/ (same result).

Hey @UdviklingFyn,

Though you said the issue is happening with the child theme, this issue is not caused by the child theme because we’d be getting the same error if that is true.

Please check if you’re using the latest version of WordPress. Also, please deactivate all the third-party plugins you have to see if one of them is causing the issue. If you’re using a caching plugin, please make sure to clear all caches before deactivating.

This nonce error is usually fixed by resetting the salt keys but as you said it didn’t work, other factors might be causing this. Have you tried using incognito mode or private mode of the browser?

If those suggestions doesn’t help, please copy your site to a staging server and give us the staging site’s WordPress Login URL, Username and Password in a Secure Note

Thanks.

Please check secure note.

Hey @UdviklingFyn,

I didn’t log in to your FTP for now because I tried to find the cause of the issue in WP Admin. I tested changing your permalink to the default setting and the issue’s fixed.

This means that there’s a problem in your .htaccess setup. Please try resetting your htaccess file in the root folder of your WordPress installation by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button so WordPress will generate the default htaccess setup.

If your server doesn’t support htaccess, you’ll need to contact your web host to investigate the issue. They’re the one who will be able to investigate this because they have access to server controls.

Regarding the IP restriction, please disable it because we do not have static IPs.

Thanks.

1 Like

I finally figured out what caused the issue, and the host configuration was not the problem, as expected, since all my testing indicated the child theme to be the source of my problems.

The issue was caused by a “custom_css” setting, beeing loaded with the child theme, that included custom fonts from @font-face ... src: url('gotham-rounded-book.otf'); moving this from the “custom_css” setting to child theme styles.css made it all work as expected.

Glad you have figured this out. Thank you also for sharing the root cause. This might help others in this forum.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.