Cornerstone loading randomly

Dear @suziew
You are right
with increasing the php memory from wp-config the Cornerstone start working again.

thanks

Glad it works now, yes, it’s mostly performance related issue. Cheers!

Sadly, Cornerstone is up to it’s old tricks again. Will message you.

Yes, that’s what I did. And it worked for a while. Now it’s back to random again :frowning:

Hi @suziew,

Would you please follow the steps below (You may already done few steps already):

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

Hey @suziew,

The given credentials does not work. Please check. Also give us FTP access.

Thanks.

Not sure how to give you FTP access. I go through my webhosting control panel. Could give you the log in details for that???

Hi @suziew,

You may provide your hosting panel instead of FTP. We could use its file manager. If you’re not comfortable providing it, then you may contact your hosting provider for your FTP login credentials.

Thanks!

OK, is this what you want?

Hi @suziew,

I just tried it and it’s not working. Please provide the correct one.

I tried standard FTP and SFTP and it’s not working.

Thanks!

Sorry, that’s what it is. There are a few other things that you might find useful. See screenshot.

Hi @suziew,

Thanks for confirming, but it’s not working. I tried with IP as FTP host and it connects, but it won’t display the files. Could you try adding new FTP user?

And please provide them in a secure note. Please don’t add them in your public reply.

Thanks!

Hello There,

I was able to logged in to your ftp and WP dashboard. It appears that your PHP time limit is only 60ms which resulted to a preview time out in Cornerstone. Please contact your hosting provider and asked them for some assistance to increase your PHP time limit. You must set it to at least 300ms to avoid getting timed out.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I contacted the hosting provider and they have increased the php time limit as you suggested.
Sadly, this does not seem to have solved the problem. I had several times when I got the warning about the page being unable to load. 1 time when half the page loaded (although it then went on to load itself properly) and a couple of times when the page loaded successfully.

This is not how it used to work when I first bought X. It was reliable.

Anything else I can try???

I really appreciate your help in this matter.

Hi Suzanna,

Sorry that you’re having this issue, but I still see the PHP Max Script Execute Time as 60s (see under Dashboard > WP-ServerInfo > PHP Max Script Execute Time) please contact your hosting on how we can increase this effectively, or better to ask them to increase it for you.

Also, please deactivate any plugins that are not essential to the site, for now, to save server resources and increase the site performance.

Cheers!

Hi again,

So, I’ve contacted my hosting co again and they tell me they’ve changed the php.

Testing the loading time on the site, little seems to have changed. The home page took 4 refreshes before it finally loaded. The other pages were better.

I have already tried disabling plugins - it had little or no effect.

Where do we go from here?

Hi @suziew,

The problem you are experiencing i indeed because of the slow server which causes the time out and the error message that you see. The other times you click on the refresh button it loads fewer data as some of them are already cached in the browser.

I suggest that you wait for the upcoming release which is supposed to be available next week. In the new version, we improved the timeout message and the system will wait more to get a response from the server. That must help your case as the problem you are experiencing is that the server is too slow and the timeout message shows after certain amount of time.

There is no exact ETA on the next release, but the Release Candidate is already there, so it will be available on manual update very soon, and after few days it will go to the automatic update.

Thank you.

Thanks for replying.
I’ll wait for the update and see what happens.
Is there anything else I can do to speed it up?

Hey There,

You might want to check out our knowledge base article that would help you speed up your site.
Please read it from here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-performance/210/1

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.