Cornerstone loading but unable to display preview

Hi Support,

Please can you help? I am getting the following error after launching Cornerstone: “The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.”

I have tried all the steps specified in your previous posts on this matter: update all software; disable plugins, increase memory.

Thank you.

Hello @duckflipper,

Thanks for reaching out. :slight_smile:

As you have tried the basic troubleshooting steps, to inspect further please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Hello @duckflipper,

Regretfully the given credentials is not working for us.
It seems that the password is incorrect. Could you please double check?

Thanks.

Hi RueNel, password has been updated. Please see secure note. Thank you.

Hey @duckflipper,

It seems that you need to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

Hi Jade,

Thanks for your reply. I have edited the wp-config.php but the error still persists. I will get in touch with the ISP and ask them to check.

Hello @duckflipper,

It seems that you server is running older versions. Please ensure that you have meet the minimum requirements to run WordPress core. You may need to update your PHP version to 7.2.

Please check this out:

Meanwhile, I have checked the pages and edited some of them. It loads on my end.

I edited your about us page and it seems it empty. You may have edited this page outside of Cornerstone. Please be advised that you are not allowed to switched between editors. Pages created with Cornerstone should be edited in Cornerstone only. using other editor like the default WP editor might corrupt the cornerstone data which may no longer allow you to edit the page back in Cornerstone.

If you happen to experience the caching error in the preview, you can also use the skeleton mode to edit the page for faster response and easy access of the elements on the preview area.

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel,

Many thanks for your help. The skeleton mode worked :smile: I am now in contact with the ISP and hope they will advise regarding PHP version and memory allocation.

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.