Cornerstone Live Preview

Hello Support :slight_smile:

I’m having issues with saving in Cornerstone. I haven’t had any problems before with the live preview, until just recently. I’m not sure if it was an issue with an update, or because I had this huge post. When I was going through the forum I saw issues that may have been caused by both problems. I tried updating Cornerstone, but when I did, when I went back to edit posts, I wasn’t given the option to edit in cornerstone anymore. So, I went back to the version I had before. It says right now that my version of Cornerstone is 3.0.4. I’ve been able to add all my post elements (paragraphs & screenshot images). But in Live Preview, some of the elements get mixed up, so they’re no longer in order. Can you help me figure out what’s happening?

Thank you!

Hello @burnich,

Very sorry to hear the problem you are facing with update. However, I am happy that you reached out for help. Can you please try out following solutions and let us know the outcome:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thank you for the instruction! I’ve updated my X theme and Cornerstone to the latest versions. But, when I go to edit my posts, there’s not the option “Edit with Cornerstone” anymore. I’m trying to make my edits, so I can see if updating everything did the trick. Where do I go now to edit these posts in cornerstone like I used to?

Let me know if that doesn’t make sense. I really appreciate the help.

Hi there,

Thanks for the credentials. I checked your X settings and editing Posts were disabled for your role. This is a new feature introduced in the X 6.1.0 called Permissions Manager which can be found in the WordPress admin under Settings for X. To learn more about Permissions Manager please see https://theme.co/changelog/#theme-pro-2-1-0-theme-x-6-1-0-cornerstone-3-1-0

I went ahead and enabled permission for Posts editing via X > Settings > Permissions > General

Cheers!

Thank you so much!

You’re most welcome!

Hey guys,

So I’ve updated and deactivated my plugins, hoping that when I go into Cornerstone to edit my post that it will stop glitching. It hasn’t. I’m really not sure what to do next. We’re trying to go live with this blog tomorrow and I need to figure this out. Getting into steps 5-7 of the instructions I was given is a little scary for me, there’s a lot of custom CSS and I wasn’t having any issues before hand so I don’t know how fruitful that would be.

Can you take a look cornerstone through my account to see what it’s doing? Under “All Posts”, I’m looking at “NavigationAlerts: May 2018 Trade Results”. It’s the first one listed. I click on “edit in cornerstone”. My page elements will not stay in order. When I drag them into the proper order, it won’t stay. This is the only post that’s doing it. It’s a lot longer than the others but we plan to keep doing trade results which could get pretty lengthly.

I’m sorry for asking for more help, I just don’t want to keep messing it up.

Hi There,

I did check the case and yes I can confirm what you’re experience, since you have a longer content that overflow from the view-fold, please do your re-arranging in skeleton view, moving things is much easier in this view.

Regarding the inline images, please add this on the posts CSS area

.x-image {
    display: block !important;
    margin: 1em auto !important;
}

This will keep your images stacked and centered.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you, that was a lot of help!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.