Cornerstone Live Preview Error

I tried to edit a post using Cornerstone and as soon as I opened it it gave me this error, “Uh oh!
An unidentifiable error is preventing the live preview from loading. Switching to Skeleton Mode”

I searched your forums and found a thread where you mentioned the need to update Cornerstone, so I did and now I don’t even see an option to edit my posts with Cornerstone any more. Please help.

…Also, after trying to update Cornerstone most of my pages are no longer displaying correctly. The issue is urgent.

Hi Greg,

I have just checked your site and you are using older version of X which is incompatible to the Cornerstone that is active on your site which is causing the issue.

Kinldy update X to the latest version as well. Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

Hey Jade,

It’s showing that X Theme is already up to date. X> Validation is showing that automatic updates have already been enabled. Please advise.

Hello Greg,

Thank for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I checked the website and can see that you are using latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone. As Cornerstone is not working properly, please try out following solutions:

• Please make sure that under X > Settings > Permissions > Administrator > General > Post is selected.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  • Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

That helped make the “Edit with Cornerstone” option appear next to the posts, but when I click it I just get the loading screen indefinitely.

Thanks for your help!

Hello @gregwebb44,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Upon login I first cleared the cache. After that I created a new post in draft mode and Cornerstone is working fine. After that i reopened the same and I don’t see any issues with Cornerstone when I reopened the page in Cornerstone.

Please try clearing cache and then load the page again in Cornerstone.

Thanks.

It looks like Cornerstone is working now. But I just noticed that the Revolution Slider at the top of my homepage disappeared with the update. Any idea on how to get it back?

Thanks again!

Hello Greg,

Thanks for updating the thread.

On my end Slider is working fine. Please see screenshot.

Try clearing browser cache and see how it goes.

Thanks.

That worked, thanks!

You are most welcome!
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.