Cornerstone launches raw html

Any time I try to use cornerstone or get to theme options I’m met with a wall of raw html. To edit my css I have to turn corberstone off to get the css back to where it used to be. But turning it off obviously has effects on the live site.

I’m also occasionally seeing this wall of raw html when not logged in and trying to access the site.

Hi, waterbarry,

You need to get back to us with a screenshot and more detailed information so that we understand what do you mean by a wall of raw HTML.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

1. I’m using the latest X (Version: 6.1.5) and the latest Cornerstone (Version: 3.1.5)
  2. The problem occurs with all plugins except Cornerstone deactivated
  3. The problem occurs with both my child theme and with X. As of the newest version of X, it seems deactivating Cornerstone no longer lets me access my custom css the way I was able to a few days ago, so I’m unable to remove my custom css.
  4. I’m not currently using a CDN
  5. I increased memory limit per your links instructions using the wp-config method, setting it to define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’);. This had no effect.
  6. Took this step with no effect.

Secure note with required details to follow.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your site and it appears that you are using the older version of the template modification which was deprecated in the latest version of the theme. You must do the following to resolve this issue:

• Please move the the files _brand.php, _header.php, _navbar.php, _topbar.php files in to wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/
  • Move the _landmark-header.php, _post-carousel.php, wp-header.php files to wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/ethos/
  • The file wp-footer.php must be moved to wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/footers/views/ethos/

If you need anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Hi @RueNel

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve moved the files to the location you said. The issue is still occuring.

Also note that it’s occurring when I use X without the Child Theme

Hello There,

I can confirmed that the issue exist in your site. This seems to be a problem the permissions. Could you please provide us your FTP details so that we can investigate your issue further?

Please provide the following in a secure note:

• FTP hostname
  • FTP username
  • FTP password

Thanks.

Hi again,

Just to note that the site is live and has an active adwords campaigns, so please refrain from making changes that effect the front end.

To that end I’ve created a subfolder with a copy of the site. The issue is presenting there also.

Hi, waterbarry,

I have never seen a problem like this and it is not happening on my 3 installations. I have 2 suggestions to make sure if this is something related to the database of your installation or the server.

1- Please install a new version of the WordPress and the theme from scratch on the same server and see if the Theme Options is working there.

2- Move your website with the same state to another server or your local machine and test the case.

Get back to us with the results to be able to understand if this is a database issue or the server issue.

Thank you.

After much back and forth with my hosting company the issue is resolved.

Apologises.

We figured out what the issue was - it was not obvious really.

At some point you would have asked us to change limits on the Webspace, when we do this you cannot change the PHP version from what was set at the time; if you do change it then you need to ask us to apply the limit changes again (where it resets the php.ini file for your Webspace to suit).

For the above reason, you should ensure all domains are listed in their own Webspaces.

Hi @waterbarry

Glad it’s finally resolved, thanks for updating the thread!

Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.