Cornerstone launch problem

Hi there,

even though I saw many entries here concerning Cornerstone launch problem, I need your help, too.
I tried a few things that might have helped others, but launching Cornerstone is extremely slow - it takes approx. 1 Minute minimum to get things running. Plugins deactivated. Permalinks rebuilt. Debugger says: “unknown expression /x/…” but I do not know wether this is a hint or a trap.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Malte

Hi there,

Before we look into the details I would appreciate that you follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. For more information:
    https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935

That will make sure that you have done all the standard troubleshooting steps so we can rule out most of the environmental possible causes.

Kindly get back to us with the result of each test and also kindly add a test page for us and give the name of it so we can do our tests there if needed.

Hi there,

thank your for your quick response! I did everything mentioned in your message;

• Updates had been made already
  • Caches were cleared, but I did it again (and again)
  • No CDN used
  • All Plugins deactivated: Same problem with Cornerstone launch
  • All CSS and JS removed: Same problem with Cornerstone launch
  • Built a new .htaccess
  • MemoryLimit is set to 256MB

however, things remain the same: Cornerstone seems not to respond at the very end of the loading process - but mostly it shows up after a minute or so.

I added a test page called “X”; hope you can find your way even though it is a german wordpress installation…

Kind regards,
Malte

Hi there,

There is a forbidden request which contributes to slower loading speed. I went ahead and removed it.

Plus, the loading speed also depends on how long the content. Are you on shared hosting? You said you changed the memory limit to 256mb, but it wasn’t changed. I installed a debug info plugin to get the configuration of your site. And it’s usually not allowed to change memory limit in shared hosting even if you add them to wp-config.php or htaccess file.

When I deactivate the plugins (I activated them again after testing), it greatly improves the performance of the builder. This is a performance issue and could be related to the available resources from your hosting environment.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

thank you for your help! Unfortunately, it still seems not to be solved, but I am travelling at the moment; I’ll check again in a few days (network here might be restricted).

Meanwhile, would you please tell me what (and how!) you removed a forbidden request - I have three other X Pro Sites in development and would like to copy your changes to these sites.

Kind regards,
Malte

Hi there,

Yes, please check it again and let me know. And if possible, please clone your site in the different environment (not shared) just for testing. We just need to eliminate possible causes one at a time during the troubleshooting and we need to confirm if this is host performance issue due to shared resources.

As for forbidden requests, it’s usually due to the security feature of your host or plugin. But in your case, it’s images and resources pulled outside your site and the remote server is responding with 403 error. The fix is correcting the URL.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.