Cornerstone keeps reloading randomly & interrupting editing - do I need to back up before updating x theme?

Hi,
First off thanks for such a cool theme.

I am new to WP and X theme and I have been figuring it out as I go along and so far I am at the editing stage thanks to all of the info in here.

I updated the Cornerstone plugin this morning but now I get the “Cornerstone loading/powered by themeco page” randomly when editing my page which interrupts editing.

I am on the latest version of WP 4.8. I have version of the X theme 4.6.4 installed. I want to update to 5.1.0 to see if that fixes the issues.

However because I am such a newbie I do not want to lose my progress (I don’t want to admit how long its taken me to get this far) as I see this message: “Please Note: Any customizations you have made to theme files will be lost.” Losing this progress would leave me distraught.

I’ve looked around at the documentation and haven’t found an easily explained way to back up the changes I have made without losing everything.

Whats the easiest/in english/best way to backup my progress so far?

Here’s the one pager I am currently building: http://geniusgyms.com/genius-gyms-home/ password: gg

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Hi,

Regarding backing up: it’s always very advisable to keep a backup of your site. Updraft Plus is a good (free) plug-in to make them.

Having said that, the warning is about changes you might have made to Theme X core files, which I think is unlikely to be the case (from reading your post), and which is also not a good idea anyway. Changes made to those files are best done in a child-version of the theme - thus avoiding them being overwritten by any update.

Regarding the re-loading of Cornerstone: this depends on what is happening. The newer versions of Cornerstone have the (rather unfortunate) habit of reloading everytime you safe the page. This does indeed interrupt your workflow, but is intended.

Cheers!

Thanks for chiming in @mateoserendipia

It is important that X and Cornerstone are updated to the latest version for compatibility. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195 for the latest compatible versions.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.