Cornerstone keeps breaking my site

Hi there. I have a problem that points to the recent update of Cornerstone. I just get the white screen whenever Cornerstone is active. It also breaks when it is the only plugin active. I have disable every plugin, updated WP and X. If i remove cornerstone, it gets automatically added with a new version. After about 5mins the site breaks again. I currently have it deactivated and the site remains stable but clearly not viewable so this is urgent to get resolved. Thanks.

Hi @mediarevolution_nz,

I checked your website and it seems that the theme is not updated correctly and there is no Theme Options menu and it seems it is corrupt.

I suggest that you backup your website completely and update the theme manually as per this article.

Also I suggest that you make sure you follow the steps below:

1. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  2. Make sure that you are using PHP version 5.6+ or 7.1+
  3. Make sure that you have the correct permissions as the error shows Failed opening required. For more information about the permissions please click here. You may need to contact your hosting service provider regarding this.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

Thank you.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I will follow your advice and let you know how i get on.

Thank you, please get back here with the result of the steps above. Thanks.

So followed through with no success. Proceeding with restoring a back up before the last update to see if that works.

So a full restore from 3 days ago has been successful. The age old saying - when it ain’t broken, there’s no need to fix it! I won’t be updating for a while i think.

Hey @mediarevolution_nz,

It is recommended that you get everything updated because sooner or later, there might be a version incompatibility issue. It would be best you copy your site over to a development or staging environment so we could investigate the root of the issue without affecting your live site’s operation. Once found, we could do the same in your live site.

Thanks.

Thanks. I just don’t have the time to be problem solving something at the moment, particularly when the site is working fine in its current position, as has been up until then for ages, but I take your point and appreciate the quick responses and advice.

You’re welcome. We understand the situation. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.