Cornerstone just loading endlessly

Hi there,

i was using it… and than it stopped working. I did not update anything.

I Cleaned my browser cache, tried in another computer and nothing…
PHP Version 7.0.21
Can you please help me with that?

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Upon checking, I see that you’re using an older version of X theme (5.1.0) & Cornerstone (2.0.6). Latest version numbers you can check from the following link (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Please try updating your X theme & Cornerstone and then try testing it again (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi there,

thanks for the answer. I did update X, cornerstone and also WP, but still the same problem.

Any other idea?

Please make sure your host is running PHP 5.6 at least, better 7.0+

Regards.

It’s running PHP Version 7.0.21

Hi there,

I would like to check further as I am seeing an error in the console:

Kindly provide us with your FTP details as well.

Thank you.

Hi there,

here it is

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! It turns out that Cornerstone is not working because your server is refusing to load the file cs-vendor.js. Somehow the server thought that this file contains malware or virus. Please see this related thread:

Please contact your hosting provider and whitelist this file.

Hi there,

I contacted the hosting provider, and they told me that they don’t block any file to load. What they do is to block IP’s.
So they asked if this file is trying to “load” another IP, and which is the IP so i they can check if it’s being blocked.

Thanks

Hi,

I checked and the file was missing, I re uploaded that file and cornerstone is now working on my end.

Kindly check.

Thanks

Hi,

i tried here, two browsers, two computers and still only loading…

any idea?

thanks

Hi,

I check again and it seems your host kept on deleting that file.

There could be a software that runs in your server and removes files that it finds malicious.

Please contact your host again and let them know.

Thanks

Hi there,

ok I’ll contact then again.

But why did it start now and only on this website… I have at least 2 more hosted websites in this same host … and this does not happen …

Sometimes you say the file is there, but not loading, and sometimes that the file is missing.

Thanks

Hi there,

That is something that we can uncertain right now and would be answered better by your host.

Kindly get in touch with them and let us know in case there is something we can help you check with.

Thank you.

Ok, I’ll contact then
But before, can You please just confirm if this file is trying to “load” another IP, and if yes which is the IP. They told me that if the file trying it will be blocked and i need to know the ip, if it is the case.

Tks

Hi there,

I don’t think it’s related to any IP since it runs on a browser. The IP would be from all users that load the builder, including your IP. Unfortunately, it’s only your host that could provide the information why it’s being removed or blocked.

Thanks!

Hi!

ok, i’m talking with my host and they need the file to test. Can you send me this file " cs-vendor.js" and where is your place so they can make some tests.

Thanks

Hi there,

You may download this file here https://www.dropbox.com/s/jagcxgd5ypskgsp/cs-vendor.js?dl=0

What do you mean by place?

Please make sure that file is uploaded to the folder /wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/

Thanks!

Thanks @Rad

that’s what i needed.

I’ll try to figure it out with my host.

Tks

Hi there,

As mentioned by @RueNel , most probable cause would be that the virus scanner running on your server is quarantined that file.

However it’s better to resolve this issue through your hosting provider.

Thanks!