Cornerstone jumps when adding elements

Hello,

When I try to drag any element to a new section on my home page, via Cornerstone, the page jumps to a different section and I can’t get the page to move up or down. I do try to see if the page will scroll while I click-hold the element at the top or bottom of the screen, but the screen does not move
I’m currently working on two different websites with the same theme ( X ) and only one of them is causing this issue.
Any clues on what I can do?

Thank you for the help!

Hi,

Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Hello, Yes. I do have the latest version 5.1.1 downloaded and using the child theme 1.0.0
Would re-installing the parent theme help?

Hi there,

You mean where there is long content and the container reduces to smaller placeholder since you drag out the content? It’s normal behavior, but I like to check the issue you’re getting.

Would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note? You could try re-installing the parent theme, but it’s not sure. And please provide a video recording of the issue you’re getting :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hello!
When the content is long, yes, I’m editing the homepage. Here is a link to the movie. http://65.60.52.130/~newjerseysportsc/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/xThemeElementJump-3.mov

As you can see, when dragging over an element (in this case, an image) to the homepage, the page jumps up and I can’t move the page when I go to the top or bottom of the browser. This issue only becomes a problem near the bottom of the page. It jumps at the top, but since the page has no where to go, there’s no real problem.

Does the video help, or do you still need the logins?
thank you!

Hi There,

That is indeed a bit strange, could it maybe related to another element on the content be previously selected when you choose a new element to add it…

Please try using your mouse wheel to navigate through the content while dragging and dropping if necessary.

If that does not help, we would need to your credentials to take a closer look.

Thank you

Hi There,

Your version of X (5.1.1) and Cornerstone (2.0.6) is not compatible. Please update both to the latest version to make sure that this is not an incompatibility issue.

Version Compatibility

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, sever-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Thanks,

Thank you for the help, the updates fixed the issue! You guys rock!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!