Cornerstone items are not always shown -- see spinning "circle" instead

I am using Cornerstone to edit my page but some of the elements are not showing up. It seems random. Sometimes I see some elements as I’d expect (a WYSIWYG view of the page) but many elements are locked in a “loading” phase where I just see the spinning wheel icon. Why is the visual update so unpredictable?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, you might experiencing this issue when you reach a memory limit in your server environment. The first thing you can do to remedy this is to enter the following lines in your wp-config.php file at the root of your installation:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Add it just before the line

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Sometimes hosting does not allow this changes, if this is the case then you need to contact your hosting support on how you can increase the MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT effectively.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

I added the lines you suggested. I added a memory usage plugin which says I have 256M.

Unfortunately, the Cornerstone display is very unpredictable. I still have a lot of spinning circles.

Hi There,

Please make sure that your hosting memory is not limited too. We might increase on wordpress but it will not work still if it is limited on your server. If the issue persist, please do share your site URL and admin credentials using a secure note so we can investigate.

Okay, the host had put a ceiling of 200MB on the memory.

They increased to 256MB and that fixed it – it’s so much easier to use now.

I don’t know if you have docs related to this – but it’s probably good for people to know that 200MB isn’t enough.

Glad it sorted things out, we do have a documentation on that in the Knowledge Base.(https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-customizer/196)

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.