Cornerstone Issue - Uppercase links, footer menu, breadcrumbs

In cornerstone the system isn’t allowing me to remove:

1. breadcrumbs
  2. Make nav bar links NOT uppercase
  3. remove footer menu

I don’t understand why these settings aren’t saving.

Thanks!

It’s also not allowing me to remove the blog header, or remove the post meta on portfolio projects.

Hi There @emwillett

Thanks for writing in! Please find your answers below.

1.To disable breadcrumbs, you need to head over to X -> Theme Options -> Header -> Miscellaneous area.

2.To disable uppercase of your menus, head over to X -> Theme Options -> Header -> Links - Text area.

3.To remove the Footer navbar, please add the following CSS rule into your X -> Theme Options -> CSS area.

footer .x-nav {
    display: none;
}

If you don’t see the changes immediately, please save your Theme Options, then clear your cache and test.

Hope that helps.

I’ve done that before. And saved it. But it doesn’t stay saved. When I go back into Cornerstone the settings have gone back and reversed my changes.

How do I make my changes permanent? It seems to be an issue with the theme…

I only have the Slider Revolution plug in activated.

Hi @emwillett,

I am not sure why this is happening you will need to follow the steps below to make sure you did all the tests for the troubleshooting:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Make sure that you have the WordPress version 4.9.6. If not please backup your website and update the WordPress.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

Hi I tried all of these things and it didn’t work. In cornerstone when I go to change one of these things like turn off breadcrumbs. I’ll try the breadcrumbs setting off, save it, and then the setting will be off but the preview page will still have breadcrumbs showing (see image).

I’ll send a secure note.

Hi there,

Apologies for the confusion. Actually, this is a known bug that our developers are already aware of.

For the meantime, please add this code in the Global CSS:

.x-breadcrumb-wrap,
footer.x-colophon.bottom .x-nav {
}

Thank you.

What about the other issues:

1. footer assign menu not going away
  2. changing nav links to lowercase

Thank you for that code.

All issues still needing help with.

1. changing nav links to lowercase
  2. Turning Blog header off

I’ve found this code to fix the nav links - since Cornerstone isn’t working.

#menu-main-menu a span { text-transform: none;}

Hi @emwillett,

Glad it’s okay, yes, it’s the code. But it’s not required, maybe it’s just affected by the same bug so please use that workaround for now. As for blog-header, please add this as well

.blog .x-header-landmark, .single-post .x-header-landmark {
}

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.