Cornerstone issue: "The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing."

Hello.

With the latest update, suddenly Cornerstone is throwing this prompt. I’ve checked similar topics and followed provided instructions involving purging caches and checking php requirements (php v7.1.15 / memory 256.0 MiB) all to no avail. Plugins have all been systematically updated, deactivated, and checked. Nada.

Any ideas?

http://g2-design.net

Hi @ggunn,

Please follow the steps below: (I know you mentioned some but please do it again)

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information. (Make sure that X is in version 6.1.5 and Cornerstone is in 3.1.5)
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

Hi There @ggunn

Upon investigating this issue further. I can see two possible causes here.

1. Even though if you have increased memory limit, it still shows as 256MB. Which means your hosting provider is not allowing to increase it. In that case you will need to contact your hosting provider directly or upgrade your hosting plan.

2. Your PHP Max Script Execute Time is set to 30 seconds. I suggest you to increase it to at least 120 (that is 2 mins). You can try following one of the methods explained here (https://thimpress.com/knowledge-base/how-to-increase-maximum-execution-time-for-wordpress-site/).

To check the current values, you can head over to Dashboard -> WP-Serverinfo section.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

So you’re telling me with the update, your company is imposing additional hosting costs to me for using your product without notice? Is there any way to back out of the latest “update”? I had been using Cornerstone without any difficulty whatsoever until this.

Edit: As a follow up, it wasn’t an issue with either the Memory Limit or the Max Script Execute Time. It was a browser conflict. Evidently the update doesn’t want to play nicely with Firefox. Started up in Chrome and it appears to work.

Hi There,

Sorry for the confusion, no we don’t mean to upgrade your hosting plan, most of the standard hosting plan gives you the freedom to increase PHP memory limit and PHP Max Script Execute Time.

Anyways, glad things sorted out on your end. Try clearing your Firefox’s cache or use Firefox private mode (ctrl + shift + p), there might be a cached residue from the previous version that is causing the issue.

Cheers!

Thank you all for looking into it.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

HI there: Since I am currently facing the same issue (before the update all was fine, after the update I am getting this message): Were you able to solve this? If so, would you mind telling me how?

Thank you!
Best!

Hi @perisoylu,

There could be many possible reasons, would you mind starting a new thread and provide your admin login credentials in a secure note? For the meantime, please follow the recommendations provided above.

Thanks!

Hello,

I’m having the same issue with the recent X update. We are able to edit Cornerstone in every browser, except Firefox. I’ve cleared all cache from Firefox. What was the solution the user found with Firefox issue?

Hello @RocktheHouse1876

Please open a new support thread regarding your question followed by a “Secure Note” reply containing your site login credentials so we can investigate this issue.

It’s a must not to post sensitive data on threads started by other users (like this one), as this will expose the information for public.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.