Cornerstone issue - LOCALHOST

so I’ve got a little question regarding the cornerstone editor. Im building a locahost site based on xampp with PHP v.7. I go to edit my page (the site is a onepage website) and when it loads the editor it shows the left menubar with the blocks names in on the left but seems to be a complete blank screen on the right. the random try again sometimes works and were talking MAJOR fail in terms of me even editing the site. my plugins are revslider, the grid, contact7, and its running on a child theme with less than 200lines of css. I have two rev sliders. Ive increased my config memory to min 256 >512. its running on localhost.

Hi,

Can you try the following.

1. Deactivate all plugins except Cornerstone.

2. Activate Parent Theme

3. Deactivate and delete Cornerstone then install back via Overview Page

These are just tests so we can narrow down what is causing the issue.

Thanks

So ive been doing what you asked me to do. deactivated the plugins, switched to x theme and deleted cornerstone. gone to overview screen and … – cornerstone does not exist on my admin screen.!! Any idea?

Hi There,

You need to enable PHP cURL extension so that it will install automatically when you head over to X -> Overview section (make sure to wait for few seconds).

Thanks!

Hi there :slight_smile: back up there - where what who?

Hi,

So Cornerstone installed itself as expected and you are experiencing again a white screen on the right side?

If yes, please inspect your page with the right button of your mouse and take a screenshot of the errors on the console and share with us.

Thank you

1 Like

Its just a menu bar on the left with all my section block titles in and a header (some of it) with gray filling the screen body

This sounds like an issue with your localhost setup. Since we have no way to investigate Cornerstone on a localhost, please setup an online dev site and give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

its in live now. the issue has followed me to the server. check the link and ill add a login

Hello Magoo,

I cant see where you added the the link, can you clarify?

Cheers!

Hi there,

The login credentials provided above are incorrect. Could you please check and confirm, so that we can look into your issue.

Thanks!

Sorry bout that, i’ve updated the pw typo in the secure note above.

Update, cornerstone appears to work fine on twentyseventeen theme. I activate X, deactivate all other plugins and try to edit a page in cornerstone and it won’t load properly. Either i get a strip of content along the top of the page and nothing is editable or error message, see screenshot

Hi there,

I’m sorry but the WordPress user that you have created, does not have the full access to check your issue. Could you please look into it as well?

Thanks!

updated to admin

Hi there,

I have re-installed X theme and then I was able to load Cornerstone editor (secure note).

Could you please check on your end as well.

Thanks!

@mldarshana - for some inexplicable reason I could not load the cornerstone plugin on either edge or IE. am I assuming its not going to work on there as when my friend tried it on a not so good connection it worked on safari. (could not see your image or private message)

Hello There,

Please try using Chrome or Firefox. We do not recommend IE or Edge when building your page in Cornerstone.

Since none is loading, you may use the skeleton mode when editing for faster response and easy access of the elements on the preview area.

Hope this helps.

Yes I use Chrome normally, the problem started ages ago and I tested on a friends last night as @mldarshana said he was making some little changes and asked me to check if it worked but not as far as I can see. It works on Safari tho… :frowning:

the first thing i did was what @paul.r wrote

So I firstly tried some stuff recommended and various server stuff as well. Ive seen last night a post about resetting the config file. Here is the link…
Trouble accessing Cornerstone (newbie)
Just not tried this yet.

Hey @3u_magoo,

I tested Cornerstone in your site and it works (see Secure Note). The problem could be in your browser. If you have browser extensions, please deactivate them then check if the issue persists.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.