Cornerstone Issue - Hide Based on Screen Width

Hi guys,

Been experiencing an issue with Cornerstone when using the Hide Based on Screen Width feature - it doesn’t display the hidden elements when I disable the feature so I could edit them. For instance, have two sections https://prnt.sc/kd67oq one for big display and another for small devices and when I disable the hide option https://prnt.sc/kd67pz, the one for small devices still doesn’t show up in cornerstone, which makes it quite difficult to edit…

p.s. tried saving the elements with the feature disabled but there was still no change.

Do you have any suggestion or ideas what might be causing the issue?

Hi,

Thanks for writing in!

You can shrink your browser or click on the mobile icon and select screen width to be able to see the section and elements that are only visible in mobile.

See screenshot

Hope this helps

Thank you for the hint, that would definitely help! However, the main point here is that the feature doesn’t work properly - from my personal observations once you use it and come back to it later on, unchecking the selected widths does nothing - at least in Cornerstone.

Hi there,

Please make sure to check for the following first:

• We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  • If the issue is still there, please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

• If you are still seeing an issue, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.