Cornerstone issue and site issues

It was just spinning and now if I load a page to edit, it is just a black screen: not even the side navigation.

I had gotton an error that I now forget the wording to but when I looked at your documentation it was described as the most general so I followed the recommendations:
Update the php to 7.2
Turned off all plugins but Cornerstone

Nothing happened except we went black. This is a staging site and a lot of plugins have been eliminated. And when I select a page to edit from the external menu, it shows on the page until I try to edit it and then it disappears, and there is no content. At this point I have been able to open Cornerstone and edit fresh. I do not see what can be causing this. Can you look at it for me. Thank you. I will add info in a secure note.

Hello @GeorgiaG,

Regretfully we cannot check your staging site because it gets redirected to the main domain.
Please give us the correct url of the staging site or at least fix the redirect so that we can investigate the issue.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry. I fixed the url. I believe that was the issue: https and NOT http. Thank you.

Hi Georgia,

Yes, this issue seems to have something to do with your SSL, take a look on Settings > General > WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) they are still in http:

Try adding the lines in the secure note on your wp-config.php file.

Changing The Site URL

If that did not work, please configure your Settings > SSL plugin properly.

Thanks,

I will update again. I had added that and still had trouble so someone assisted me there. It must have been changed in the process. Thank you very much. I didn’t check there again. Best!

I am unable to clear it in Chrome although I can access Cornerstone and edit in Safari. Here is the Chome note (I did clear all browser data) - in secure note. Thank you. Is there still an issue that I need to deal with or is it just Chrome?

Hello @vocalico,

I do not experience the same in my Chrome. I could not replicate the issue. I logged in to your site using Chrome.
I an edit the page with no issues.

Please clear your Chrome browser cache or use Incognito mode and test your site again.

I had done that and deleted browser history. I will try again! Thank you for all of your help on this. Best.

The settings had been set on wp-config so I deleted that and entered your code. I had changed the SSL setting in the plugin and both with the redirect in htaccess or without I get this on a page. I deleted the page before and created a new page with a new url and this is the result. (Link in secure note)

Hello @vocalico,

Please create a new ticket as posting on a ticket created by a different user causes lot of confusion which slows down the response time. More so, the details shared by you even in secure note is visible to the user that created the ticket. In that regards for a faster response time without creating confusion, please create a new ticket.

You can the option to delete the link shared in secure note and create a new ticket for us to take a closer look.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.