Cornerstone Is Not Working in X Theme (not able to edit)

When I am editing with Cornerstone, the area I am editing is greyed out and I can’t see it. So I’m effectively editing blind.

I’m also having issues with fonts (that have been loaded) are not sticking. It keeps going back to previous fonts.

It seems there are quite a few issues. We are editing blind, and most of the time we make edits, the system deletes the edits as soon as we hit save.

We have a deadline to launch in two days and we are dead in the water. This is a NASA website.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled the builder and it didn’t help. We have built hundreds of websites and have never had an issue like this.

At this point, I’m not able to make any edits. Everything is completely updated and all activations are complete. We’ve started over a few times and nothing works.

We just missed our first deadline and are heading towards a complete project fail at this point. We are at a complete loss as to how to rectify this.

Hi @ExploreMars,

Sorry that you’re having that issue, we just release X 7.1.1 and Cornerstone 4.1.1, please update to that version as it has some bug fixes that might related to your issues (Changelog)

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Yes, we have updated everything. The only thing we hadn’t done is update to the new Cornerstone. We just did that and we still have the same problem. We understand the font issues, and have addressed that. We have always loaded them into Cornerstone first. This is not the problem at this point.

The problem is that when we edit, none of the modules show up correctly. We are editing blind. Here is a screenshot of what we see. Text areas are greyed out.

We have updated to the newest WP, the newest Cornerstone, the newest X Theme, and all plugins are Activated and Updated.

You said to:
Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

We did that.

What do you suggest now?

Hello @ExploreMars,

X theme 7.1.1 will works best with Cornerstone 4.1.1. If you have a lower version of Cornerstone, it will only work with a specific X version and give conflicts or issues with the latest version.

By the way, when I check your site, I was hoping to log in to investigate, I am seeing “Not supported” message. Did you remove your staging url or may have done something?

Regards.

Right. You are responding to the statement, “we have updated to the newest cornerstone” by telling us what version the newest Cornerstone is. We are aware.

We are in the midst of putting the client’s OLD website back up on the new server because this was a project fail. That’s why you can’t see the site anymore.

Their old site is migrating over to the new server, as we had a deadline on that (today). The new site, (in X Theme) is on hold until we get them out of the weeds.

But if the answer continues to be “just update Cornerstone”, we really don’t have any place to go with this. That can only be done once. And we did that two steps ago.

Hello @ExploreMars,

Sorry for the confusion. Cornerstone must be paired with the X theme version so that it will work smoothly. If you have X theme 6.5.5, please go to plugin’s section, deactivate Cornerstone and delete it. Go back to X > Validation and wait for a couple of second while the bundled version of Cornerstone is installed automatically in the background. The same goes with any other version. It is find if you do not update Cornerstone as long as the version is supported by the X theme.

Now, if you have X theme and with the right Cornerstone but still not loading, there are a few reasons why it is happening.
1.) It could be that the WordPress core is out dated or the latest. Each version of X and Cornerstone will only support two version behind. For example, X theme 7.1.0 and Cornerstone 4.1.0 supports 5.3, 5.2 and 5.1. WordPress versions later than 5.0 will give issues with the Cornerstone in loading the preview or even the Theme Options.

2.) It could also be that you have exhausted the PHP memory limit. And if this happens, we recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

3.) Sometimes, your staging dashboard URL is different from your Site URL. The must be the same as always.

4.) Improper SSL setup might also give an issue in loading the Cornerstone preview and even the X > Theme Options.

5.) A certain 3rd plugin, especially outdated ones, may also create issues and conflicts with Cornerstone. When this happens, you could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

All of these are just guesses since we can longer access the site. We really love if we can log in and investigate further for the resolution of your issue.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.