Cornerstone is not working in several websites (URGENT)

Hi,

I notice that theme-x released 3 updates in the last 3 days, which is obviously not a good sign.
I updated my websites (all using theme-x and pro) and all (besides one), cornerstone stoped working.

When I try to edit with cornerstone, in one website the the logo just keeps on loading forever.

Other website, it just breaks everything into a weird html:

As you can imagine a lot of people have to deal with clients, and clients don’t care about technical issues, so time is money, and time (not working website) can sack someone and create devastating problems.
I understand that, devs need time to fix things, but this last issues with cornerstone are affects several clients of mine. Can’t edit none, even though I did the troubleshooting that you guys advice. None solve the problem.

I (and everyone) really need a solution ASAP

What can I do to solve the problem?

Cheers

Hey @PanInternational,

I believe you have not seen what I wrote in the other thread where you’ve said that the successive updates was bad. The updates released are fixes for bugs that have not been discovered during testing and also successive improvements to the theme based on the feedback we receive.

Also, in most cases, issues are caused by third party factors such us optimizations, customizations and plugin conflicts. For more details about the known issues, please see our latest Release Notes at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-3-x-6-3-cornerstone-3-3/44607

In the other thread, I’ve also listed a few other possible solutions. What have you tried already?

Your second screenshot is commonly because of outdated WordPress version. Please update to the latest WordPress version also.

You gave us the URL of your WordPress Admin only. We need the username and password to login too.

Thanks.

Hi christian,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I didn’t saw the other thread.
I understand your point of view, and I know the reason of updates. Didn’t meant to offend.
However, in my experience with softwares (online and offline) no one releases updates one after the other.

Regarding the solutions, I didn’t went thought all of them, only cleared the browser cache, which didn’t solve.
I have read on your release notes that if the plugin Give Donations is active, the builder preview doesn’t load. (which can be my problem)

Besides this current problem that will be solved, do you have any advice for future website management.
Because each time there is un update, there’s a chance of breaking the website or the builder, and the list troubleshooting solutions is quite long and hard to achieve. And for those that have several websites, its a pain in the arse to go through all. I know there’s no easy solution for all, but I think that this will eventually became a massive problem for the theme-x community.

Cheers

Hi There,

Yes, you need to update the Wordpress too to make everything compatible.

The error you have on the travel site seems to be because of a corrupted file, please redo your Wordpress update by following the method provided here.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi friech,

Thank you for your reply.
That is strange because in the wordpress dashboard, it’s says I have the last version installed.
Guess I will have to go through that (long) process.
(I’m almost afraid of updating the theme again, because it may mean I have to work 1 entire day just to solve an issue) :confused:

btw, do you have any example that explains well how to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache)?

Thank you

Hello @PanInternational,

Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:
- Pro theme 2.3.6
- X theme 6.3.6
- Cornerstone 3.3.6

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Regretfully we do not have any article that explains to clear the cache. What you could do is to manually check each of the caching plugin and clear the cache. You may also need to login to CloudFlare and purge the site cache. Some of the hosting provider has their own built in cache too. You may need to consult your hosting provider or ask theme to let you know how you can clear your site cache.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi ruenel,

Thank you for your help.
Fortunately it is resolved, I had a developer fixing it and he said it was a plugins conflict and not wordpress.

Cheers

Glad to hear that, have a nice weekend.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.