Cornerstone is not working after updating

Hello!

I am trying to make changes to our website and Cornerstone is not working. I keep getting stuck on the white loading screen.

Thanks!

Hi @Systems,

Thanks for reaching out.

I checked your site and it’s being served through CloudFlare. Please purge your CF cache and test it again. Then please provide your login credentials in a secure note for further checking.

For the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Thank you, we tried clearing the CloudFlare cache and are having the same issues. I have attached our login credentials in a secure note. Will any of the diagnostics that you run affect our live site?

Thanks again,

Hana

Hi Hana,

I have tried to login to the site URL assigned to this Theme license, but I’m getting the following errors.

ERROR: Incorrect username or password.
ERROR: Too many failed login attempts. Please try again in 1 minute.

Since you have not included your URL here, could you please double check and provide us with the correct information so that we can look into your issue. We also may require your FTP credentials as well.

Thanks!

I’m sorry about that, I have updated the login credentials.

Hi There @Systems

Upon further investigating, I see the following error on the console log (see secure note).

It seems that you have defined your site URLs in Settings -> General section with HTTP:// and you’re forcing HTTPS:// using some other method, which cause this issue.

First try disabling your HTTPS:// and test loading Cornerstone. If that works, then you can define your site URLs using HTTPS:// by following this guide (https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL) and test your issue again.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.