Cornerstone "is gone"

Hi there,

Cornerstone is not working on my Wordpress site. Whatever I try to edit with it (pages, blogs), or even if I click on cornerstone from the dashboard menu I receive an error message saying

Add Media
The site is experiencing technical difficulties.

The Wordpress is updated to 5.2.2. All plugins are updated except LayerSlider WP. When I try to update that I get an error as well:
Updating Plugin LayerSlider WP (1/1)
An error occurred while updating LayerSlider WP: Update package not available.

The website seems to be working normally, but I cannot do any editing.
Could you please help me to solve this?

Thanks,
Rafaela

Hello Rafaela,

Thanks for writing in!

Cornerstone is active in your site. I can also see that some of the pages were built using Cornerstone. Are you trying to edit a page an experienced the issue seeing the error? Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Dear @RueNel

Thank you for your response.
I just sent you a secure note.
I’ve purchased X March this year, and in the past months, I’ve built pages and posts using cornerstone. When I entered my site yesterday, however, it was suddenly missing. I can no longer edit anything with cornerstone and can no longer see X templates, general block or themes.
Happy to get your help on this.

Best,
Rafaela

Hey Rafaela,

I deactivated all third-party plugins and the issue’s fixed. That means that the issue was not caused by our products. Please activate the third-party plugins one by one to check what plugin is causing the issue. Once the culprit plugin is found, you can contact the plugin developer for support.

Just note that I should have never done that as we should never do anything in a user’s live site but my colleague forgot to let you do the basic troubleshooting on your own for your learning and also to save you time going back and forth with us.

For your reference, here are the basic troubleshooting steps in case you encounter future issues. If none of them helps, feel free to open a thread.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

4. If you’re using a child theme, switch to the parent theme to quickly test if the issue is coming from the child theme.

5. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

6. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Thank you very much, @christian_y

Apparently, the problem was polylang and WP SVG icons. I saw you recommend WPML (paid solution) for multi-language sites and some troubleshooting for polylang. Do you have any recommendation regarding icons?

Thanks a lot,
Rafaela

Hi Rafaela,

We do not have any recommendation regarding the SVG support for WordPress. I did a little bit of research and found this article that might be of a help for your investigation.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.