Cornerstone is getting things wrong

I don’t know what is going on with Cornerstone but lately it is getting things completely wrong.

My main issue is that I have applied a coloured background to a text section, but instead of applying it to the text, as displayed in Cornerstone itself, when I save the page and view it, it has applied the coloured background to the section underneath.

Also I am finding that Cornerstone is not reflecting my changes within the edit page. They appear on the page itself when saved but not in Cornerstone.

There are other issues like an html error message, Cornerstone not loading at all etc, but I need to deal with this first issue most importantly.

In this first screen shot you can see what the page is supposed to look like. In fact this is not strictly true. I have changed the text in the purple box from the default text, but as you can see this is not being updated.

In the second screen shot you can see how the page is rendered. It has ignored the purple text box altogether and put the purple background behind the essential grid instead. In Cornerstone this has no purple background.

[Edit] So despite being a Cornerstone customer for two years it seems that I am have been relegated to a ‘new user’, so I can’t post that second image. Ridiculous.

The page is not live to view.

Please advise.

Second screen shot here:

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Would you mind providing the exact content of your text? This issue is common if the content has no proper HTML markup, like open element or close element, hence, affecting relative or next elements.

Thanks!

Hi Rad, sorry, your response doesn’t make sense. I am using Cornerstone, not HTML. As I explained, the content of the text box is simply the default text, even though I have changed it. And the styling of that text box is affecting the text box underneath it, despite me making no changes to it. I’m not sure what else you need from me. There is no html mark-up since this is all done in Cornerstone, which is creating the mark-up for me.

Can you clarify further what it is you are looking for?

Thanks

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

How do I set it as a Secure Note? Do you mean Hide Details? Sorry, I’m used to the old forum, not done this on the new one…

Hi there,

First of all, please follow the troubleshooting steps below as it might be the problem cause, needless to say, that this is not happening on our installation and we need to find the cause on your environment:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

The HTML Markup thing that my colleague mentioned actually can be a factor but not because of that specific text element and the element before and after. We are not saying that you necessarily added the HTML code it might be caused by a plugin of some kind.

To add a Secure Note, please read the secure note section of the article below:

Also, kindly get back to us with the result of each step we mentioned above to be able to continue our investigation.

Thank you.

I am hitting ‘Inline Reply’ to add my reply. There is no Secure Note button. It is only visible after I have submitted my reply, which can’t be right, surely?

My other issues have gone away. No updates or nothing disabled, just a glitch in the matrix. Could have been a slow connection at my end as I am relying on phone connection. Normally this is fast but this week it has been very slow.

Yes, the Secure Note button will only be available once you’ve posted a reply.

The issue could have been just caching.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.