Cornerstone installation

I have installed X Theme including Cornerstone. X Theme is working, Cornerstone is not. At the sidebar I can see the Cornerstone button but when I click on it there’s no connection. Any solution available? Thanks for any comment.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try re-generating your permalink settings by head over to Settings -> Permalinks area, select the option postname and save changes. Then try loading your Cornerstone editor.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hello @mldarshana I followed your sugestion - no succes, no reaction. But I noticed there appears no Ad on button after installing X theme. Any other idea?

Hi There,

I assume that your site is on the local server, would you mind sharing a screencast showing the issue?

And please confirm that you are using the latest version of X (6.0.4) and Cornerstone (3.0.4), if you found that either of this is outdated, please update it.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Thanks,

@friech Here’s the screenshot. When clicking on Cornerstone no connection results. I have bought X theme yesterday, it’s version 6.0.4

@friech I have bought X theme including Cornerstone. When unzipping x.zip I find no cornerstone.zip under x/framework/plugins.

Hello there,

I’ve downloaded X theme on my dashboard and can see Cornerstone present on x/framework/plugins when I’ve extracted it.

Can you download it again from your dashboard? Maybe you’re just looking at the wrong file, etcetera.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

@jumar I have downloaded x theme again - but there appears no folder x/framework/plugins
There exists an folder framework, but no plugins
When downloading from themeforest I have clicked "all files and documentation. That’s correct, right?

@jumar Now I haveo founde the folder cornerstone.zip.
But when uloading I get this message

What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

It says that the plugin folder already exist.

Please login to your ftp and delete cornerstone folder in /volume1/web/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/

Then install the plugin again Plugins > New

If that doesn’t help, please provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note

Thanks

@paul I assume I don’t have ftp because I am using my own webserver via Synology DiskStation 213. Is taht correct? In that case can I delete cornerstone folger right in Wordpress or on my desktop?
Sorry for stressing you.

@paul I am giving up. Atached I’ll send you my wordpress admin login via Secure note. Could you do the reinstallation?

Hi @Gossler

Is your website still hosted on your private server? or you uploaded it elsewhere that we can access it? because you gave us username/password without the URL that we need to log in, if you still have your website at a private IP address like 192.168.x.x then we can’t access this IP address since it will work only on your network. You need to either allow us to access your web server, these guides might be helpful in this case:

https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=67808

or move your website to a regular shared hosting account so we can access it and investigate this issue.

Thanks.

@Alaa I nver thought it could be that complicated using a private ANS and installing Cornerstone. Tell me which informations you need and I’ll give you access to my server, ok? Can you solve the problem that way?

Sure, as Paul suggested, on this server can you navigate to this directory /volume1/web/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/? you should be able to do that. then please delete any cornerstone folder you may find and reinstall the plugin again.

Thanks.

@Alaa To avoid misunderstanding. The directory you mentioned (/volume(web…) I’ll find on my private NAS? I have downloaded the cornerstone folder to my PC. Can I delete and reinstall it there as well? I have already spent hours in this matter I thought being simple.

Hi,
You should find this directory on the same place you have installed WordPress on, since I understand that you have installed WordPress on NAS server, then you should find this directory path on NAS server.

No need to re-download Cornerstone to your PC, just recall where cornerstone.zip file is right now on your PC, because you will need this file when you reinstall the plugin via (WordPress > Plugins > Add New).

Thanks.

@Alaa I did find the directory on my NAS, deleted cornerstone folder and reinstallation worked out, as this screenshot aproves.
But still I get no connection when I click on Cornerstone in the menu. Same when I open a new page. To my information when starting a new page there should be pop up a cornerstone button enabling to designing with cornerstone. What to do now? Maybe you could guide me through the process via Team Viewer? That wouldbe more effective than email correspondence.

Unfortunately, we don’t use TeamViewer in support, we can provide support only on the forums. However, please use any of the video screencast tools to capture this issue so I can get a better look, you can use this tool:

Thanks.

@Alaa What do you suggest to solve my problem?
When creating a new page, cornestone does not appear. See this screenshot.
In the menu no add ons button appears as well.