Cornerstone installation

@paul I am giving up. Atached I’ll send you my wordpress admin login via Secure note. Could you do the reinstallation?

Hi @Gossler

Is your website still hosted on your private server? or you uploaded it elsewhere that we can access it? because you gave us username/password without the URL that we need to log in, if you still have your website at a private IP address like 192.168.x.x then we can’t access this IP address since it will work only on your network. You need to either allow us to access your web server, these guides might be helpful in this case:

https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=67808

or move your website to a regular shared hosting account so we can access it and investigate this issue.

Thanks.

@Alaa I nver thought it could be that complicated using a private ANS and installing Cornerstone. Tell me which informations you need and I’ll give you access to my server, ok? Can you solve the problem that way?

Sure, as Paul suggested, on this server can you navigate to this directory /volume1/web/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/? you should be able to do that. then please delete any cornerstone folder you may find and reinstall the plugin again.

Thanks.

@Alaa To avoid misunderstanding. The directory you mentioned (/volume(web…) I’ll find on my private NAS? I have downloaded the cornerstone folder to my PC. Can I delete and reinstall it there as well? I have already spent hours in this matter I thought being simple.

Hi,
You should find this directory on the same place you have installed WordPress on, since I understand that you have installed WordPress on NAS server, then you should find this directory path on NAS server.

No need to re-download Cornerstone to your PC, just recall where cornerstone.zip file is right now on your PC, because you will need this file when you reinstall the plugin via (WordPress > Plugins > Add New).

Thanks.

@Alaa I did find the directory on my NAS, deleted cornerstone folder and reinstallation worked out, as this screenshot aproves.
But still I get no connection when I click on Cornerstone in the menu. Same when I open a new page. To my information when starting a new page there should be pop up a cornerstone button enabling to designing with cornerstone. What to do now? Maybe you could guide me through the process via Team Viewer? That wouldbe more effective than email correspondence.

Unfortunately, we don’t use TeamViewer in support, we can provide support only on the forums. However, please use any of the video screencast tools to capture this issue so I can get a better look, you can use this tool:

Thanks.

@Alaa What do you suggest to solve my problem?
When creating a new page, cornestone does not appear. See this screenshot.
In the menu no add ons button appears as well.

Hi Gossler,

Thanks for sharing this screenshot, however, it will be more helpful if you can share a video screencast showing what happens when you click on “X > Cornerstone” as I mentioned in my previous reply.

From this screenshot I can see that the main post editor is missing! this is most probably due to a plugin conflict, so please deactivate other installed plugins than Cornerstone and recheck this issue, if everything worked fine, then you can reactivate the plugins one by one till you figure out the culprit.

I would start by deactivating “Visual Composer” plugin because the theme is compatible with this plugin:

“WPBackery page builder” which was formerly known as Visual Composer, but I believe you have this one installed not WPBackery page builder. If you want to install “WPBackery Page Builder” you can do that from (X > Validation > Extensions).

That’s how your “Add New” page should look like even if you have activated WPBackery Page Builder plugin:

Thanks.

@Alaa We are one step further!:slight_smile: Deleting all plugins was a good hint. Now the cornerstone button is shown but when clicking on it there is still no connection. Here what the screen now looks like:

There is no “backend editor” and “front editor” shown. When going into menu “X” some of the sub menu buttons don’t react as well. Any further idea?

Hi There,

Please add a title to your new page so it can have a permalink (URL), then save/publish it, only then you can “Edit with Cornerstone”

There is no “backend editor” and “front editor” button in X. Would you mind to clarify which of those X sub-menu buttons that do not react?

Try increasing the PHP memory limit, you can follow the first method provided here.

Thanks,

@friech I did as you suggested, saved a new page and edited the new code into wp-config data file. No change, the problems remain.
What I mean with the missing backend and frontend editor simply is that, as you can see from my previous screenshot, there does not appear a blue box - as in you previous screenshot - that contains both. When I click on cornerstone there still is no connection. Any futher idea?

Hi there,

Would you mind providing a screenshot of your browser console? Just to see if there are any javascript error. Is there a way we can directly check your site by logging in? Like in a public URL address.

Thanks!

@Rad Here’s the browser console. Is that what you are looking for?

I don’t mind giving you access both to my webserver or my wordpress site if it helps the case. Just tell me which acess data you’ll need.

Hey There,

In that case, could you please give us access to your private nas so that we can take a closer look and find out any JS error in the console if there are any?

Thank you in advance.

Hi there,

The URL you shared is an internal URL and not a URL which you can share via the internet. We can not access that remotely.

Please move your website to a temporary server so that we can enter the dashboard to be able to investigate the case.

As again we do not have access to your website we do not actually know why there are the strange behaviors you are talking about. The only thing that I can suggest here is to give the general troubleshooting steps:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Unfortunately, we can not be of a more help unless we have means to access your website. Thank you for your understanding.

@christopher.amirian I’d never thought installing Cornestone could be that complicated. I am not an expert and I am neither willing nor capable of following all your suggestions. Therefore I want to reverse the purchase of Cornerstone. Please give me instruction how to do that. Thanks.

Hi there,

I tried accessing it too but can’t. And with this, it’s hard for us to troubleshoot it. Example, in the console, there is TypeError: window is null which shouldn’t be the case is window is the instance of browser itself. But there is no way for us to check it.

As for refund, I recommend contacting Themeforest as they handle that matters.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.