Cornerstone in X-Theme not starting

So, I click on New -> Post and get to the Editor. I click (instead on visuell) on Cornerstone -> Edit with Cornerstone, but I end back in the Text-Editor of Wordpress. I use X version 5.2.5, could it be that the PHP-version is the fault?

In the webinterface of the hoster it is set to PHP7 (CGI), but “Health Check” plugin (which I use to copy Wordpress information) says PHP Version: 5.6.30-nmm1

Not sure if that is the fault… though I’m sure it worked before I updated the Theme.

Hi,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Nope, not possible. The FTP is hosting multiple sites, not gonna give out any credentials. There should be a “proper” way to support this beside snooping around user-data. Doesn’t Cornerstone has no log?

Anyway I also upgraded the PHP-version to 7.0 now and its still not working. The only thing that seems odd is that WPBakery Page Builder (Version 5.4.3) complains that it can’t update to Version 5.4.4:

“To receive automatic updates license activation is required. Please visit settings to activate your WPBakery Page Builder. Got WPBakery Page Builder in theme?”

The links in the menu beside the “+ New” button to “Launch” and “Theme Options” are working. Just Cornerstone in the editor won’t start.

The Health-Check plugin shows me this: https://pastebin.com/UZjUcq6h

Hi there,

Would you please kindly give us an access to your WordPress Dashboard at least so that we can check the case and report you back with the suggestions? Currently, we do not have a way to test the case to know why this is happening in your environment.

I checked the server info which you have posted and the memory limit seems to be ok.

The Visual Composer warning can be ignored as you are using the bundled version. For more information:

Please consider that you can not edit a page both with Visual Composer and Cornerstone. If you create a page with Cornerstone you need to keep using it and vice versa.

I also suggest that you enable the WordPress debugging mode so you may get a better information regarding the error:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

And also, I suggest that you check for possible 3rd party plugin conflict, by deactivating all 3rd party plugins except Cornerstone and check the case.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the information below using the Secure Note functionality of the post:

• WordPress Dashboard URL
  • WordPress Dashboard Username
  • WordPress Dashboard Password
  • The name of the page to test Cornerstone in.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.