Cornerstone Imported Content Not Editable In Cornerstone!

Hello Support.
Had an issue with a website built completely in Cornerstone. Something got messed up that made adding or editing the menu impossible.

Built a brand new version on a dev site. Exported pages with the page exporter.

Imported the pages into the new website.

Now when I try to edit a page that was built in Cornerstone on the original site that was imported into the new site I get an error from Cornerstone saying this content was edited outside of Cornerstone. When it wasn’t edited, just imported.

My entire new dev site’s content is giving me this error. When I try to edit the content with Cornerstone all I get is a blank page.

Please advise is there a way I can edit/ reimport my original cornerstone content and still edit it natively?

Is there a database setting I can change to prevent this error.

Any help would be appreciated so I don’t have to completely reconstruct the website.

Thanks.

Hello @adgroupagency,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

First, I am assuming that you have exported the page inside Cornerstone > Templates > Save > Download and have followed the same procedure to import templates i.e Cornerstone > Templates > Upload.

Next, on the new site please test for plugin conflicts and make sure server is running Php 7. In case you’re using Cloudflare or cache plugin. Please flush the cache and disable it for a moment and check if the issue persist in Cornerstone.

If problem is still there, please share website URL and login details in a secure not for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Ah was not aware of an exporter for Cornerstone. Used the wordpress export/import function to do all the pages at once.

Is that fuctionality available via Cornerstone? Seems likes it a page by page basis which would take a very long time since my site is quite large.

Thanks

Hello @adgroupagency,

Thanks for updating thread. :slight_smile:

In that case you can migrate entire website from dev to production server, that way you won’t have to go through the hassle of exporting & importing page templates. I am sharing few resources that you can take a look to move website from dev to live server.

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126 (though it talk about Cornerstone, but the migration steps and logic remains same)
http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-move-wordpress-from-local-server-to-live-site/

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.