Cornerstone has stopped loading after URL update

Hi,

The address was e3.webseff.com
and now it is eeeinternational.com

As I could see Cornerstone has stopped working after changing URL but only on pages where some custom short code or html code were used. Ofcourse Homepage is most in the trouble. Also, every of custom short codes are missing.

Thanks

Hi,

Meanwhile I’ve noticed that also some Pages with no cutom code had been affectes, but not all.

Hello Milos,

Thanks for reaching out. :slight_smile:

Along with the URL update, did you changed the hosting also? Usually changing the URL should not affect the content of the website as mentioned in the ticket that shortcodes are missing. When changing the hosting, if not done properly that might create issues.

Please try out the solution mentioned in the following thread. Please click on the title (link) to open the full thread:

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi

Thank you for your response.

I didn’t change the hosting. Just copied files from one folder to another. And after that updated url (different domain). Database is the same. After that I’ve updated website links with Velvet Blues Update URLs plugin. That is all. Unfortunately, on the previous domain, the same error occurred.

I’ve alredy tried almost every solution from the forum.

Hi Milos,

It appears that the data are corrupted for those pages, and since you said it’s present even on its previous domain (same database) then I assume it’s already corrupted even before you replaced the URL. The only workaround is restoring them back to when they are still not corrupted (even older than the database of the old domain) but I’m not sure when. Or, re-create the page in the builder again.

Thanks!

Hi,

Database restoring helped. Thank you. I’m almost sure database had been corrupted during URL change. So, everyone, carefull with URL changing, and always do backup. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear it’s working now.

Next time, you can use the following plugins to migrate your website:

Regards!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.