Cornerstone hanging up on loading

Hi, we just purchased a new license and Cornerstone is not loading our pages. It just hangs with a large “Loading…” showing on a white page. Please advise.

Thank you!

Hi There,

Thanks for asking and sorry for the trouble you are facing with Cornerstone.

Please try out following solutions and let us know how it goes:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  • Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  • Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.
  1. Try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Thank you.

Thank you so much for your help! I successfully followed all 8 steps, but I’m still unable to load Cornerstone.

Is there something else I should be doing?

Thank you!

Hi there,

Please try to login through FTP then go to wp-content/plugins then delete the current cornerstone directory that is in there.

Once deleted, go back to the admin area and cornerstone should be reinstalled then try to load the site again.

If the issue persists, please also provide us with your FTP access.

Thank you.

Thank you! I deleted the cornerstone directory, but it never reinstalled. Should I try deleting the entire theme and reinstalling it? Thanks again!!

Hi There,

I’ve just added a section to the home page and it’s working fine: http://hm-staging.com/x/#/content/7/inspector

Could you please check again?

Thank you.

PERFECT! I see cornerstone out there now, and pages are loading correctly. Thank you for your help!! :slight_smile: