Cornerstone glitches after updates

Hi guys, after the recent updates of X and Cornerstone, images on pages built in Cornerstone are not displaying, including in the recent posts element on the home page. Would appreciate some advice on how to fix this. Thanks!

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing in! sorry but I was not able to replicate the issue, the images on your site is visible on my end.

Please clarify,
Cheers!

Thanks @friech but no, not all the images are visible.
On the home page, the images in the recent post element (see above on secure note, under Info & Inspo) are not displaying correctly.

And on the About page, all the images are missing completely.

Updated a site on my dev environment yesterday, and I’m also missing images in the recent posts element.

1 Like

Hi @RachaelJ & @JvP

We have already submitted this, as a bug to our issue tracker. As temporary fix, please add the following CSS rule into your Theme Options > Global CSS area.

.x-recent-posts .no-post-thumbnail .x-recent-posts-img::after {
    opacity: 0;
}

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thank you @mldarshana - I ran the most recent updates with the bugfix included and the thumbnails are now back in the Recent Posts element. Thank you.
However my About page (built in Cornerstone) is still not displaying any photos. I have added the link to the page to the secure note above.
Many thanks.

Hi Rachael,

The problem is that those images which I detected 4 of them in the about page are linking to an old URL which seems to be the previous staging website of some kind?

You will need to double check the case and go to Settings > General and make sure that you set the home URL and Site URL correctly.

Finally, please back up your website completely and then install the search and replace plugin and replace all the occurrences of the old URL in the database with the new one.

Thank you.

Hi @christopher.amirian, thank you.
I don’t understand why that would be nor why the images have been perfectly fine for the past few months since the content was moved from the staging site but not working now (all the staging urls were checked at the time of the switch).
It’s not just the images not displaying - it’s the other content (headlines and design elements) that are also not displaying.
The URL settings are correct - everything had been working perfectly until the updates.

Looking in Cornerstone on the page - all the visual elements seem to have been deleted. It’s all blank.

Hi Rachael,

I am not sure about the case as I do not know what was there before. I suggest that you restore the website from a backup to the previous version and then do the update again manually in a staging website so that you can check what went wrong during the update.

Thank you.

Well that’s no use to me - I’m not a developer and don’t have time to chase up tech glitches all the time. I choose to use themes for ease of use - sadly X is fast becoming too complicated and glitchy.
What was there before were photos - pretty simple - and headlines overlaying the image. And now it’s blank.

Hello Rachael,

I understand that your images displayed in the past few months and that was before. Right now all your images is coming from a location that does not exist.

Here’s what I want to do with your site. I want to install WP Migrate DB plugin. There is a great search and replace feature of this plugin that really works well. I want to do a search and replace to resolve this issue. RegretfullyI do not have any access to your site. If you can share the WP access in a secure note, that would be save us time.

Thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.