Cornerstone getting stuck

I just upgraded to the newest version of X and Cornerstone. Cornerstone loads well at first when I open a post and choose “edit with Cornerstone.” The problem is when I’m working in it.

At first it seems to work fine. But then, when I try to click from one element to another, it won’t let me. It’s like it gets stuck in a box. Also, then it won’t show the Cornerstone elements at the top.

Any idea how I can fix this?

I’ve cleared my cache and CDN cache, as well as my Chrome cache. I also cleared my X settings.

Most recent: I talked to my hosting service and increased my PHP to 7.1.7. Now Cornerstone is working well again!!

More recent update: Nope, the W3 deactivation isn’t helping. Cornerstone is still freezing up now.

Update: I deactivated W3 caching plugin and now Cornerstone seems to work normally again. What should I do? I have all the W3 settings based on your instructions…

Hi,

Try to exclude cornerstone js files from minification. No need to minify these files as they are already minified by default.

wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/admin/huebert.js

Hope that helps

I’ve had minification issues before. Here’s a list of all the files being excluded. Do you see any error within this list?

wp-content/themes/x/framework/js/dist/site/x-body.min.js
wp-content/themes/x/framework/js/dist/site/x-head.min.js?
wp-content/themes/x/framework/js/dist/site/x-icon.min.js
wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/js/dist/site/x-body.min.js
wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/js/dist/site/x-head.min.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs.js
wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/admin/huebert.js

Hello @PeralMultimedia,

Could you please temporarily disable the debug mode and test your site again? ​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

I just added that login info in a secure not to my previous reply. Here’s the problem you should try testing:

If you’re working in a post, Cornerstone loads. You can click inside a text box and edit text, and save it. But if you then click inside another text box, Cornerstone won’t let you work in it. The only way around this right now is to reload the entire page. As you can imagine this is severely slowing down my work.

Before the last updates, all I had to do was click in a new box and work in it.

Thanks for taking a look!

Hey @pearlmultimedia,

The login credentials does not work. Maybe your password is incorrect. Please check.

Would you also mind deactivating W3TC resource minification just to quickly check if this is causing the issue? Please clear all caches after doing that.

If you haven’t done so yet, please contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Hi. That login info is working now. Sorry about that.
The JS and CSS minification settings were already disabled. I also had minification disabled for logged in users.
I just disabled the HTML and XML minification settings within W3TC.

Cornerstone seems to be working normally now.

Is it OK to just leave the minifcation settings turned off? Will that affect the website’s performance? Or should I do something else?

Hi There,

All the CSS, Javascript files in the Cornerstone plugin and X theme have already been minified, so you don’t have to use any 3rd party plugin to minify them again.

Regards!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.