Cornerstone Freezing

Hi X gurus,

There seems to be a problem with Cornerstone loading v…e…r…y slowly and then once it actually loads, it freezes after a few elements are added. After researching the forum, I’ve tried to sort by implementeing the following suggestions:

Disabled all 3rd party plugins.
Increased memory size by adding the following to the wp-config file:
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
Deleted and reinstalled the Cornerstone plugin.
Cleared my browser cache

My current PHP server is 7.0.30
PHP memory limit shows 768MB

Thanks in advance for your help.

Some additional steps taken:

Remove and regenerate .htaccess
Removed all custom CSS and Javascript from the customiser.

To replicate the issue that I’m having, open up the Cornerstone editor for this page:

http://recruitmentsmart.com/machine-learning-recruitment-sniper-ai-recruitment-smart-2/

Then scroll down to Features and find the section that says “Automatically sync candidates with your application tracking system.”

Below that is a row with four empty columns. Try adding more adding an image element to each column. By the time you reach the 3rd or 4th it will freeze.

Thanks

Hi there,

The site is slow too on my end, not just in the builder. I checked the builder and it has multiple errors originating from ConvertPlus and Revolution Slider. But since this is live, I can’t turn the off.

Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Then check if you have section and rows that uses a bottom separator, it’s known bug which causing issues (sometimes the loading icon won’t disappear and it won’t save).

Else, please allow us to disable your plugins and some features, but please backup your site first. Please turn those off.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve created a fresh backup and also tested it with Revolution Slider and all other plugins disabled. It doesn’t seem to make a difference. We don’t have a bottom row separator in use as far as I can tell.

Also, it appears that a couple of the headline elements will never fully load (they keep showing the spinning icon). I’ve tried replacing those with new headline elements but the same thing happens.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a staging environment for the site, but please do what you need to to resolve the issue as it’s pretty urgent for us. We have to get changes implemented ahead of a meeting next week.

Thanks again!

Hi @fyxi ,

It appears that the issue is from the content itself. The only solution for now is re-creating it. I imported the template on my installation and it does carried the same issue.

Newly created content works okay without any javascript error compared to this one.

But I’ll continue troubleshooting on my end, but I recommend start re-creating it as it may faster than checking the issue in the content one by one. Then, as you’re re-creating it, you must test it too so you’ll see what content is causing this.

Thanks!

Thanks Rad,

I created new blank page using the ‘header/footer no container’ template, and it still freezes after I add more than three image elements.

Not sure what to do at this stage.

Hi there,

I checked and looks like it varies every time I reload, sometimes it works sometimes isn’t.

Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials?

For the meantime, please try re-installing your theme and cornerstone just to make sure it has the updated files. The issue is with javascript related to mouse over.

Thanks!

I’ve created a note with the FTP credentials. Thanks for having a look!

Hi There,

This error might be cause by the caching issue. Since you are using SiteGround, could you please clear your site cache or temporarily disable the supercacher in your hosting panel? The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel.

For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm1

Hope this helps.

Just done that. You can test again if you like. It’s still causing problems on my end.

Hey @fyxi,

Upon checking your site, I see Cornerstone is deactivated and you’re the active theme is broken so WordPress automatically switched to the default theme. That is because you have 2 X versions. Looks like you just uploaded the current version of X and renamed the old version. Doing so confused your child theme and will cause an issue with Cornerstone.

I deleted the old X version and activated your child theme and Cornerstone and Cornerstone works.

Please clear your browser cache or use incognito to check your site.

Thanks.

Thanks for jumping in on that. When I was trying to replace the old theme files, the site crashed and I received the white screen of death. I have since managed to rename the old theme and cornerstone files and replace them with new files using FTP. I followed this guide: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Even with the new theme and plugin files, I’m still having the same problem. Is it something to do with the child theme perhaps?

Hi,

I checked the error log and can see the following error that is causing the issue.

[14-May-2018 08:03:23 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 24 seconds exceeded

Please contact your hosting provider and request to increase maximum execution time to 300

Hope that helps.

Thanks Paul. I spoke to the host and the max they can raise it to is 2 seconds, which they have done. I’m still getting the issue.

It appears that it was a separate issue related to the siteground optimiser plugin. I’ve disabled that plugin and the PHP error isn’t showing, but the Cornerstone freezing issue is still there.

Hi @fyxi,

I am not sure what do you mean by 2 seconds, it is a very low number. This is also unknown for us why this is happening on your installation. But I am sure the server related components do have a lot of parts. I suggest that you move the website to another temporary server or your local machine and test the case on this matter.

I want to mention that we have more than 1000 installations in the world and we do not have a case which with 3 image elements added with a blank template the builder will freeze. This is 100% something related to your environment.

Thank you for your understanding.

I’ve migrated the installation to my local server and everything runs without a hitch. I’m going to assume that it’s a fault with Wordpress itself and start with a fresh installation later. Will see how that progresses.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.