Cornerstone Freezing Whenever I Save Page

I’m not sure if this is a problem with the theme, per say, but I was wondering if you had any ideas as to fixing my problem.

Whenever I am updating a page, there are multiple instances when I press save, and the green bar goes to a couple centimeters away from full width, and then just freezes. I then visit the homepage and sometimes it loads and seems to “push” the page I was working back into action. Most times, however, it just returns 503 error for a few minutes then returns to normal.

Anyways, is there a reason my site would be doing this so often? It’s become almost unbearable to work on because I am constantly waiting for the thing to load / unfreeze. It could be the theme, or maybe it’s hosting? Not sure, thanks for your help!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for writing in! I have re-installed your Cornerstone plugin and your page builder started to work properly again. I have updated some content tested saving changes as well (see secure note for the screenshot).

I have checked your server configurations (Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo) and you can imporove it further by increasing your PHP memory limit. Currently it is set to 256MB and please follow our guide here and see if you can increase it by yourself (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935).

Thanks!

Hello, thanks for your help.

I believe I updated the memory limit to 512M.

However, the problem is still persisting. Through cPanel, I noticed that my i/o usage and physical memory usage is maxed out. Could this be the problem? If so, is it a simple upgrade through my hosting provider?

Hello Mike,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Physical Memory running out could be the reason why Cornerstone is not working properly. I suggest you to increase the same and see how it goes. You will have to get in touch with hosting provider.

I would also recommend you to take a look at following resource for optimization:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.