Cornerstone freezes on Editor

Hello,

I have problems with Cornerstone 3.0.4. It feezes when I click the edit-button to open the Editor of any page. The loading bar on the top of the page stops and does not reach the end. Then nothing happens.

I changed this settings to:
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
But I did not manage to set PHP Max Execution Time to 300.

My PHP Version: v7.0.27-0+deb9u1
MYSQL: v5.7.19-17-57
X-Theme Version: 6.0.4

I also tried to deactivate my plugins, which did not help.

But I made this workaround:
To edit my pages I deactivate Cornerstone 3.0.4. and activate an old Cornerstone 2.0.5 plugin. The editor of this version works fine. After I am finished, I switch back to 3.0.4. But this is not a good solution. Besides my articles do not appear on my main page by using 2.0.5. Maybe it is incompatible with X-Theme 6.0.4. So I have to switch back to Cornerstone
3.0.4. and to deactivate 2.0.5. again.

Thank you for helping me. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Vlad

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

I can see you are facing a cs-vendor.js loading issue.

Please check the thread for possible solution. You can check the responses below.

Let us know if that works for you.

Thank you for your quick answer.

I tried to do this to solve the problem:

“For anyone who has this issue and do not want wait for the new patch:
I copied cs-vendor.js into wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/ ( since it was removed by maldet) and added the full path of cs-vendor.js into /usr/local/maldetect/ignore_paths”

There was a cs-vendor.js in the js-folder. I overwrote it with the new file.

But I can not do the second part of this patch, since there is no maldetect-path on my ftp server. I tired to create this path, but I got an error message. Maybe I have no permission to change something in outside my home-path.
I will give you my ftp-login data. Please take a look at it. Thank you.

Hello there,

Right now, I can see that Linux Malware Detect/maldet hasn’t been installed yet on your server. I’ve tried to install it myself and got errors that says /usr/local/maldetect/maldet folder can’t be created. With this, we need the FTP user to be owned by root or has root privileges for maldet to be able to create the folder. I suggest you either grant root privileges into your user by following guide below:

Or update the secure note with a user that has root access.

You can also contact your hosting provider to assist you with this.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.