Cornerstone fails to load

I’ve searched the forums and have tried numerous suggestions to no avail. With our GDPR Consent plugin activated, we get the following error in Console when trying to launch Cornerstone:

I not familiar with javascript but do see the error is coming from line 905 of the cs-vendor.js?ver-3.3.8 file. Is there a solution or workaround so I don’t have to deactivate my Consent plugin each time I need to make page or post edits to our website?

I’m having the same issue. I’m using the premium version of this plugin: https://www.webtoffee.com/product/gdpr-cookie-consent/

If anyone has a solution, please let me know.

@PhrasingInc this is the same plugin I’m having issues with. I submitted a support request with WebToffee as well. Prepare for the finger pointing.

Hello @colink,

Thanks for asking.

As the problem is coming because of a specific plugin, I need to take a look at your setup. Can you please share website login details in secure note?

Thanks.

Hello Tim and @colink ,

As you are facing similar problem and to avoid any confusion and slow response time, please create a new ticket and someone from support team will take a closer look. Please share login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Hey @colink,

I see the issue. It looks like the third party plugin can block scripts from loading. It might be blocking Cornerstone’s scripts. Please note that the Cornerstone is a Javascript dependent app.

Please contact the plugin’s support to learn how to exclude all the resources of a theme and these directories:

• example.com/x/
  • example.com/cornerstone-endpoint/

Also try updating your plugin.

Thanks.

Thanks @christian_y,

Web Toffee was able to isolate a conflict with the Facebook pixel, namely the variable ‘fbq’ that Cornerstone also uses. Toggling this off in GDPR Cookie Consent plugin (if only temporarily) allowed me to use Cornerstone without issue.

Glad to hear that. Have a great day! :slight_smile:

@colink Did they also give you a more permanent fix? I just wanted to see what you got before I asked them as well.

@PhrasingInc regrettably they did not. They ended their response to me with, “We currently do not have an option to exclude some directory/theme files. It would take us some time to implement such a feature. Kindly excuse with us”.

Thanks for the updates @colink!

@colink That’s pretty disappointing. It feels like we could do it through the manual elements but that’s above my pay grade to a certain extent. I don’t want to get dinged though so it looks like I’ll be turning that off and on for now.

@PhrasingInc … Thanks for understanding!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.