Cornerstone ethos 1 page customizer

I have xtheme ethos 1
I am trying to edit and customize one of my pages
when I click edit page with cornerstone I am directed to that page.
now I am trying to add columns in sections
I click add column
when I click the drop down arrow I click the 3 row option
it does nothing to the right hand side
when I try to drag the 3 row option over to my page it stops me from doing so
I also cant go into elements and drag a photo over to the right either
why is this not working it seems so simple and nothing is happening?

Hello @Sarahm04,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please do the following general solutions because it needs to be done by you.

1. Please make sure that you are running PHP 7 or later on the server as running old version of PHP can have potential issues. You can refer following document for server requirement https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/1

2. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

3. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

5. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

6. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

7. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If nothing helps, please give us WP Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

thank you
it seemed to be that once i switched from internet explorer to chrome all of the functions worked. but before i fingured that out i was overwhelmed trying to check off the things you told me to do. when i tried to use the window+r command and search cmd it did say that they couldn’t find the php in my operating system and i have no idea to fix that or iif it needs fixing. i was unable to figure out how to find what/if any version of php i have
and also when i sign into xtheme and click on upload the latest version what do i do with that file once it is uploaded and saved? is that all that i need to do? thanks!

Hi There,

Chrome is a great browser for development. Internet Explorer, on the other hand,
is not recommendable at all. So stick to Chrome, especially when creating your website.

If you go to WP Admin > Dashboard > Install Plugins you can search for PHP Version, and you will find a plugin to Display PHP Version.

If your theme is validated you should be able to update from Wp Admin > Updates.

If you wish to upload your theme again, you need to access your site via FTP remove the theme from wp-content/themes and go back to Wp Admin> Apperance > Themes and Upload the zip file again,

Hope it helps!

thank you! i installed that plugin and saw that i do have 7.0.27 installed so thats a relief!

You are welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.