Cornerstone error, unable to edit

Hi, I could edit using cornerstone then it started saying “The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customiztions introducing a PHP error”. I have purchased an x license and have the latest version I have tried uninstalling cornerstone then the theme and reinstalling and still get errors.

Hi Matt,

As the error indicates this might be caused by a cache plugin or a 3rd party plugin conflict. Also, there are other possible cases that might throw the error you have mentioned. Please kindly follow the steps below to troubleshoot the case:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

Thank you. I have tried the php increase with wp-config.php and no difference. I will start trying to isolate via plugins.

Thanks for testing, Matt.

ok, i have disabled all plugins apart from cornerstone and the issue persists.

Hi there, my upwork developer found the problem and it is fixed by the looks of it. She edited the settings of the permalinks structure.

Glad it was sorted out. :slight_smile:

not fixed really. looks like if you set permalinks to “Plain” it solves the “The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customization introducing a PHP error” and you can edit a page in cornerstone. However, this is not a great situation when I want clean URL’s for each page.

Hi Matt,

I checked your site and can see you are no longer using xtheme nor cornerstone.

Do you mind activating it again so we can check what the issue is.

Thanks

we have changed back to xtheme and cornerstone. Also have changed permalinks to "Day and name"and seems to be working now. However, all sorts of various problems such as not being able to upload latest theme either via wordpress or via cpanel. The current theme is a result of a backup restored. I am upgrading my hosting to see if this helps. I will wait until I have upgraded service and then do more testing so probably no point looking right now.

Feel free to let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.