Cornerstone Error Message on few pages

Hey Themeco Team,

hope you can help me with my X-Theme Site. I’ve a few pages, that i can’t edit any more with cornerstone. Anly the main categories are affected. In the revisions, I still can see the cornerstone content. In the live view, the page shows me the “news” content. If I’m choosing “Edit on cornerstone” I get an Error Message: “Uh oh! No suitable preview area found. This could happen when a third party plugin is overrinding the content area.”

For testing I’ve deactivated all my plugins, but it doesn’t work. Please, can you help me to get my main categorie pages back?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Sedu,

Thanks for reaching out.

Those pages are archive pages similar to blog index page, it displays the listing of posts and those listing aren’t editable within the builder. And it’s not possible with other builders too.

Or have you did some customization before that allows editing of the category description? Either way, you can only edit post types with cornerstone (like post, page, portfolio, any single pages that has no auto generated listing).

Thanks!

Hey Rad,

thanks for you reply. Of course, I know that my pages look like an archive page. But that isn’t my content. I’ve created standard pages in wordpress and build it with cornerstone. If you go to “Seiten” > Edit and choose my revisions, you can see the cornerstone content. But why do “X” show me an archive page instead of my previous cornernstone content?

The problem came up after I’ve updated my X-Theme to the newest version.
Please, can you check my broken pages again? Do you need my login credentials for my mysql database?

Hey Sedu,

I checked your site deeply and I see what’s going on, you had the same URLs for your pages and the categories which were conflicting when you visit the URL. WordPress was re-directing the URLs to your category URLs as they were both same, I went ahead and fixed it for you by editing the categories and changed category slug (The “slug” is the URL-friendly version of the name.)

This seems to have fixed the issue. Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.