Cornerstone Error - AGAIN

Hi,

I’m working in a local development environment ( Flywheel ) and I’m seeing this Cornerstone error message :

I love x-theme and you guys offer amazing support but I’m so tired of seeing this error message I’m seriously thinking of forgetting x-theme altogether. I get this error message on my live sites ALL the time but I’ve worked out if I click the TRY AGAIN buttom at precisely the right time, it will go ahead and display properly. This has become a part of my normal work flow, which really shouldn’t be acceptable. In this case I’ve run through all the suggested troubleshooting procedures, DEBUG, plugin conflicts etc. and tried my workaround but it’s still hanging.

Is there anything else you can suggest which might enable me to use Cornerstone again? I’ve tried it in both Firefox and Chrome also.

1 Like

Hello @razorpig,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I am really sorry for the trouble you are facing with Cornerstone. As your are running on local setup, it’s difficult for us to point out the root cause of the problem. As you have already tried few solutions, please take a look at following and see how it goes:

1. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  2. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  4. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  • Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  • Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.

Thanks.

Thanks Prasant for all those suggestions. I appreciate your detailed reply. I’ll give all that a try when I have a little more time. Will report back

Thanks,

Let us know the result.

OK…

1. No difference
  2. Disabled (renamed) my style.css file in child theme folder. This gave me some improvement. Usually if I click on Edit with Cornerstone it will work 1 in 20 times. With no style.css it was about 1 in 10.
  3. No difference
  4. I added define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’); to my wpconfig file. It produced an error and made no difference to performance
  5. Already running 5.6.34
  6. It was already set to 900. I increased to 2000. No difference.

May I just ask one thing? Is the team working to improve the ongoing performance issues with Cornerstone? If you can re-assure me that this is a known problem and efforts are being made to resolve it, I will persevere and wait for future updates. If nothing is being done - I will sadly have to consider moving to another theme or framework. Thankfully my clients are very patient but this is fast becoming unworkable.

Hi there,

There will be performance related improvement in the next or future updates. But it’s not going to fix performance issues caused by host environment. Maybe what you’re getting now is caused of many varying factors and we need to check each factor, the first one is the builder’s performance which should be addressed in next updates. Then, what’s left checking is host environment which we can’t do at this moment. But, builder should work okay on environment with dedicated resources.

Please stay tuned with the update. For the meantime, we can try checking your current setting what is causing the loading issue why Cornerstone is not loading on your end.

Kindly provide us with your admin and FTP details in a Secure Note so that we can check your current setup.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.