Cornerstone endless looping after update

Cornerstone doesn’t seem to work after the update. I am getting an infinite looping instead…

I have updated PHP, cleared cache, tried different computers and more. Any help would be great.

Hi @prodsans,

Thank you for writing in, please make sure that you’re on the latest version, WordPress 5.2.3, Pro 3.0.4, or X 7.0.4 and Cornerstone 4.0.4.

Updating WordPress
Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN/Cloudflare, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Everything is up to date. And all caches have been cleared. Still no progress…

Hi @prodsans,

In that case please provide us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

I would prefer to not share login credentials as tinkering with the site can cause our traffic/income to be affected.

Here is a screenshot of the errors I am seeing though: http://prntscr.com/pfqngk

Hello @prodsans,

Thanks for updating in! Is the Product PlayOffs the site in question? Please keep in mind that since you have installed a caching plugin WP Fastest Cache plugin, please clear your plugin cache and regenerate the minified JS/CSS files before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately.

And also I found out that you are using CloudFlare. Right after your updates, please log in to your CloudFlare account and purge your site cache. You also need to regenerate the minified CSS and JS files in CloudFlare.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Yes that is the website. I have cleared both caches in CloudFlare and WP Fastest Cache with no success.

Hi @prodsans,

Did you regenerate the minified CSS and JS as suggested? This is important to make sure minified files are coming from the updated theme/plugin files. Please confirm.

If the isssue still persists, and you still don’t want to share credentials of the live site, please setup at least a staging site that we can access. Then as stated previously, share credentials inside a secure note. Thank you.

Yes I regenerated the minified CSS and JS but it is still in an infinite loop. Anything else I can try to fix this?

Hi @prodsans,

Please do testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

You can also test switching to the parent X theme and see if that resolves the issue, there might be customization on your child theme that is causing the issue. If these is not possible to do on your live site, please clone your site on a staging server.

How to Clone a WordPress Site in 7 Easy Steps

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Rolling back Cornerstone and X themes to the previous version has fixed the issue… Wondering what the common issue is that is causing this from the new update?

Seeing a number of posts in the support thread with the same problem.

I would like to update, but if I can’t edit my site, then I can’t.

Hello @prodsans,

I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive the X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Please make sure that there is no caching and minifying of JS and CSS in the staging site. The most common reason why Cornerstone will not load is due to caching or minified JS/CSS files not updated. Once the Cornerstone works in the staging area, you can proceed to update the live site and then temporarily disable the cache or minify plugins.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.