Cornerstone elements not working correctly after update

Hi

Since the latest overhaul of X that saw the inclusion of the V2 elements, I have been having trouble with a lot of very simple tasks in Cornerstone.

One problem is that sometimes I am unable to delete certain elements. For example, I can delete Icon List Items, but I can’t delete the Icon list. It remains a invisible element taking up blank space, no matter how many times I delete it.

Another problem is that I struggle to drag items around. For example I would move a heading above a paragraph, save the page and refresh in my browser. But the move does not show. Other times things DO move around…but not in the way I moved them. How can I possibly move something, save it, and then Cornerstone creates something completely different?

The third issue is that often I try to edit pages in Cornerstone, but can’t access the sidebar with the elements and inspector. I just see a list of all pages in the website, but can’t edit the pages at all.

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This happens on all my websites. It is not an isolated case.
  2. Wordpress, X and all plugins are up to date.
  3. I have no caching plugins activated.
  4. I have increased the PHP memory limit to 512MB.

Please could you provide some clarity as to why this is happening? X used to be the best theme because it was so easy to customise and build really functional websites quickly. Now I spent most of my time trying to get Cornerstone to work correctly.

Hi there,

There might be cases that the old items such as the Icon List which was added before had such a problem because of the way it was coded before to have at least a container to maintain the meta information of the element.

Currently, we do not have a solution for that and you just need to leave that old item container or recreate the page without them.

The drag and drop issue might be on the same line with the previous problem as if you have empty containers here and there on the page it might get scambled. As the cause is the previous one we do not have the solution, but please consider that our development team is already aware of this edge cases and they are looking to find a way for that.

The 3rd problem is not familiar to me as we do not have such a report and it might be caused by environmental causes. We need to dig deeper for that. Please kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post with the name of the page in question which you see the sidebar failing to load.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.