Cornerstone Elements not working after Update

Hello,

I updated Cornerstone and the X Extensions this morning. Since the update none of the Elements in Cornerstone are working. They are also not showing on the preview page in Cornerstone.

Any elements I have tried to modify or add on existing pages will not working.
I tried adding Elements to Section 1 on: http://managetopia.apps-1and1.net/x/#/content/1464/layout or http://managetopia.apps-1and1.net/managetopia

After checking several threads in the form. I tried updating the Child theme. I tried uploading the latest ZIP file via Appearance->Themes
This hasn’t worked. I receive a “Failed” message each time.
I am not sure if this is the problem?

FYI, before the update, I deactivated every Plugin and extension
I do not have a Cache Plugin installed
I am running PHP 7+

I even tried creating a new Test page: http://managetopia.apps-1and1.net/testpage
As you can see no elements (Text, Graphics, Button) are being displayed
I am currently rebuilding our website, so could delete everything and start again, but very reluctant to do this as I am using WPML and I have had major issues with certain Cornerstone elements before.

What can I do to get this resolved?

Hoping to send you my credentials privately, so you can have a look.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey I have the same problem. After the update if I use any of the new elements they do not display neither in the preview nor in the published site. The classic elements all work. Could someone of Themeco team log in to my account and tell me how to solve that? I am very happy with the theme so far but this is really annoying. Thanks for tall the help.

Also having this issue! I just updated the theme and now I can’t make any updates at all. Please help!!!

Same issue here! I can not edit pages via content.

Hello @managet0p_xtheme,

Thanks for asking and sorry for the trouble you are facing.

Can you please confirm the login details as with the shared login credentials I am unable to login? I am getting ERROR: Incorrect username or password. 2 attempts remaining.

@yrjasz, @agbuedel1, @mariepaul Guys, I understand the problem you facing when thing don’t work as they should. I request you all to please create separate tickets, share the relevant details and someone from support team will help you out.

Thanks.

I have the same issue. The cornerstone is not working. So I deactivated the elements

Hey @Mel_Micah,

At this time, we kindly ask that you open up your issue in a separate thread with your site url so that we can investigate. By the way, after you have updated, did you clear your plugin cache? You might be using CloudFlare which always needs purging right after every theme and plugin updates. We will be replying your new thread shortly.

Thank you.

Hey @managet0p_xtheme,

Your login credentials doesn’t work. Please check. For the meantime, please try these possible solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Ask your host if they have internal caching system and ask them to clear caches and disable it.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

See secure note above, re. credentials…issue with your system!
Tried all of the above…most listed in my original note!

New was the CSS & Javascript, which I tried. Still no success…no elements working.
Cannot afford to waste anymore time.

Please access and see what the problem is. Thanks.
My deadline getting closer.

The post editor is Markdown enabled so writing # means a headline.

I corrected your Secure Note by enclosing your credentials with three backticks before and after.

I see the issue in your site where new elements added are not added in the front-end plus they aren’t displaying content in Cornerstone. Editing existing content works.

This usually is most probably due to web host configuration conflicting with Cornerstone. The fastest way to see if this is hosting related copy your site to a quality host. Here’s a guide.

If you wish to continue with your host, we can investigate but we could not promise that it will work with the latest version of Cornerstone. For that, please give us FTP access.

Thanks.

@Christian,
your reply to the Cornerstone issue is not satisfactory.
There is no need to market your hosting services.
We are based in Germany and using one of the 3 largest hosting companies! In any case, your guide is US-centric, so not applicable and not suitable for our needs.

I cannot give you FTP access as we are using a beta platform configured by our hosting company and we cannot access ourselves until the site moves to our live server. All the criteria needed…cache, storage, PHP, etc. is all fulfilled by our hosting company. Up until the update last Thursday, the beta site has been working fine and I have not encountered any problems.

The other users that have used my thread to report the same problem. Has the issue with Cornerstone been fixed for them? Can you ask one of your colleagues handling the issue to contact me direct.

Otherwise, please escalate. If a fix cannot be provided, please ask your boss to suggest an alternative solution.

Thanks

Hi there,

I don’t think @christian_y was trying to market our hosting service. The link that he provided contains the some information about web hosting with good performance.

I did some checking on your website and it seems that you are still using X 5.1.1 and the latest version of X is 5.2.5. This might be causing some conflict since your Cornerstone version is update while your theme is not.

Kindly update your theme as well then try to load Cornerstone again as the earlier version of X 5 had bugs that we addressed in the new updates.

Let us know how it goes.

@Jade,
That’s it, that was the problem. :thumbsup:
This update didn’t show up in the Updates list on Thursday, even several hours after installing the Cornerstone and Extension updates. Perhaps the other users in the thread have the same problem?

Fantastic and really appreciate your assistance.

You must understand that my frustration was at a high this morning, between having to answer for the delay with the launch of the website and then having the problem with posting my credentials.:confused:

However, I did write in my first post this morning that I have been very happy with the theme and customer support up until now and your assistance proves it, so thanks again and thanks to all involved. :wink:

No worries at all and I do truly understand your frustration.

Glad to hear it’s now sorted. :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know about the special characters not displaying as plain text on Secure Notes. I have already made a report about it so that it’ll be checked.