Cornerstone elements issues - content does not show on the front end

Cannot build a page - content is saving, but not showing on the front end. Tried all of the things suggested in multiple posts here.

I cannot use “new” elements at all ( could not since they were implemented, so I was using “classic” ones) . Now “classic” elements are not working.

Wordpress, X theme, plugins, everything is up to date. Working in Wordpress multi-site.

Can somebody help me?

Hello Daniela,

Thanks for asking and sorry for the trouble you are facing at the moment.

I am quite queries to whom or address did you send emails? I suggest you to use forum for communications related with the problem you face.

Please try out following solutions and see how it goes.

1. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. If you’re using a child theme, switch to the parent theme and check if the issue persists.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for the reply - I followed all of the instructions you suggested and here are the results:

1. Caching plugins - I do not use these
  2. CDN - do not use CDN
  3. I disabled all of the plugins ( except Cornerstone ) both on multi-site admin level and site level. The same issues persisted.
  4. I switched from child theme to parent theme - no changes
  5. I do not have custom CSS, Javascript and templates on the pages in question.

I had one page created outside of Cornerstone and thought that it might be a problem, so I removed it - the issues I am having are still present.

I also increased memory in wp-config.php :
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

and
increased max_execution_time to 3000 (php.ini)

and
made sure that PHP version is higher than 5.6 - it is set to 7.0

Wordpress, all plugins, X theme - everything is up to date.

At this point I really do not know what to - the Cornerstone is not usable. As I can create a page outside Cornerstone, I am thinking that this must be a Cornerstone issue. But, maybe I am missing something simple ( as it usually happens) - I would appreciate if you can take a look at my sites…

Thank you,
Daniela

Hi @vbsscience,

As my colleague asked you need to get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress Dashboard so that we can check the case and see how can we help.

I strongly suggest that you move your website to a staging server so that we can easily test and do not worry if we make a live site down for any possible side effect reason.

Thank you.

Hello Daniella,

When I checked your site, it is currently down. The server must be doing something or rebooting.
Please see the secure note.

Are you using Ethos stack? If that is the case, please go to X > Theme Options > Ethos. Disable the post carousel and the post sliders or set it to display “Most Commented” or “Random” because you do not have anything Featured yet which causes the page not ti display anything. This is a known issue in the latest release which our developers have been informed already. And if you have installed Ethos 1 demo content, you will also need to disable the “Filterable Index” in X > Theme Options > Ethos > Blog Options.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

The site is now up - I am using Icon, not Ethos.

Please help.

Daniela

Hi @vbsscience,

I could see that you are using the latest cornerstone however your theme is outdated. Update your setup to the latest version.

Version guide:

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi,

When I check for updates ( Dashboard / Updates ) it tells me that the themes are up to date. But I do see that they are not ( based on my version (5.1.1) and the latest supported version (6.0.4).
How do I update the theme when it is not giving me an option to update ( even when forcing it to check for the updates)?
Do I temporarily switch to any other WP theme and reinstall X? Or?

Please advise

My Apex licences account tells me that my main site ( wp multi-site) and one of the secondary sites are on PRO - but when go into a Dashboard of these sites, it says X theme, not PRO. Is it supposed to be like this?

Hi, vbsscience,

Unfortunately, there is no auto-update feature available in the multi-site environment. And you will need to do the update manually following the steps mentioned in the manual update section of this article.

That might also cause the other websites you have in the multi-site environment if you use an old version of the X. So please do have a complete backup of the websites before doing so.

Please consider that you must also have the compatible version of the theme with the Cornerstone plugin. For example, the latest version of the theme is 6.1.3 and the Cornerstone should be 3.1.3 to be compatible with.

Thank you.

Would somebody please answer the questions i asked?

And actually help me?

Hey @vbsscience,

We understand that the issues you’re facing are frustrating but, my colleagues previously said that this could be a version incompatibility issue. You would need to follow it. It is not possible that only one support staff will cater for this issue as we work in shifts.

Back to troubleshooting the issue, I first checked your site’s and I experienced the issues you described. I updated X to the latest version and it fixed the issues. I can use V2 and Classic Elements and can save the page (see Secure Note for the recorded screencast).

Hope that helps.

Thank you. I realize that this is a compatibility issue. This is the kind of help I expected when I contacted you - simple and to the point.
When you update X theme, does it also update X child?
Also, I have two licences that are upgraded to PRO - main page and one of the lab sites. If I want to use PRO, I assume that I would need to upgrade all of the licences, and then download PRO and install it the same way you did with X . Please confirm.

Thank you again,
Daniela

Hello Daniela,

Thanks for updating in!

When you update X theme, does it also update X child?

• X child does not need to be updated. It inherits all the update from the parent theme.

And yes, it you want to use Pro for your sites, you will have to upgrade the licenses to Pro, then download Pro theme from your dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard) and install Pro theme the same you have installed X theme. Most of the X theme options will be inherited by Pro theme once active.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.