Cornerstone elements does not appear in editor mode

Most of my cornerstone elements does not appear in editor mode. I’ve tried deactivating plug-ins, but the problem persists.

Thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in! Regretfully we cannot log in because you only gave a password. Please include the username too. Well anyways, I think you are just having some caching issues. Since you have installed a caching plugin W3 Total Cache, please clear your plugin cache before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately. Caching plugins are best to turn on only when you’ve finished building the site.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, did try this just now without any apparent success. The site front end displays all elements correctly, yet they do not appear in the cornerstone editor mode. I’ll include my username so you can have a look (feel free to execute necessary adjustments)

Thanks!

Hi,

Please check for the following :

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory and maximum execution time or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

set_time_limit(300);
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

So, I did all of these now but still no progress. Weird… my site appears normal yet the cornerstone does not display any elements beneath the header. I should say I’ve been away from the site for a good while, and had to restore site files from Bluhost and also update everything before I began.

Should I perhaps restore the site from an earlier backup?

Hello @Andreas_Bjerve,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I cleared the cache and then opened couple of pages in Cornerstone. On my end, Cornerstone editor seems to be working fine. Please see screenshoot (shared in secure note).

Thanks.

Sorry should’ve been more specific. Take a look at the home page, there’s a lot of content, text and images, on that page. But in the cornerstone editor I can’t see the preview of the home page, I only see the list of elements on the left, but no preview on the right of the content between header and footer.

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for the information. I checked the homepage and found this error in the browser console:

GET https://api.optmstr.com/v1/optin/27149/486941 410 ()
[OptinMonster] This account is not currently active. It is either expired, disabled or temporarily inactive.

It seems that there is an incompatibility issue with the optin master code that you added on the page. Try to remove the code and test the page.

If that is the cause, unfortunately, you will need to avoid using the 3rd party code.

If the problem persists please install the duplicate post plugin and copy the homepage and then in the copies page remove the sections one by one to find the problematic section.

Thank you.

Sadly, I’m not very tech-savvy, so could you just point out to me where I can find this optin master code again? Thanks a bunch :hugs:

Hi Andreas,

Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to go one by one for the sections of your page and search for the custom code.

You did add a code regarding the option monster or you added a 3rd party plugin. I installed the duplicate post plugin for you.

Please clone the homepage and then go to the Cornerstone for that page and delete the section one by one and save and test the case to find the one which is causing the issue.

Unfortunately we will not be able to do that for you and you need to do it yourself.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.