Cornerstone:elements are grey and unusable

Hello everyone! :grinning:

Since a few times, we are facing this issue with Cornerstone on our Website where the last version of WordPress is installed:

All the elements inside of Cornerstone became gray and whatever the settings we are applying to them, it seems that we cannot make them appear.

This is only the case when I drag and drop an element, “old elements” (the one I installed months ago) are still working and fully editable and working (they still show).

This issue started to happen when we migrated our website a few times ago, from www.Eonity.net to www.Eonity.co. This migration was created via a plugin inside WordPress that basically copied all the content of our WordPress (100% of it, we didn’t just select a few elements, but absolutely everything, even the admin accounts and credentials were duplicated exactly as it were on our first site).

On our new website, I activated the X Theme, and I also clicked to activate Cornerstone. I’m not sure if it is really activated because I still see a message that is asking for a validation.

And when I click to validate it, I’m landing on the page where things seem to be properly set up!

I tried to deactivate the plugin and restarted it, but the issue is still here.

Anyone would know what the solution could be? :hugs:

We wish you a really nice day :hatched_chick:

The Eonity Team :balloon:

Hi There!

Thanks for writing in!
Please check for the following first:

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

6. increase your allocated memory by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP crede

Thanks.

Hi @basanta! :smiley:

Thanks a lot for your answer and your explanations on how to fix this issue! :thumbsup:

So, I made the following:

1. I cleared my browser cache and the caching plugins: no changes.
  2. We’re not using any CDN!
  3. I deactivated all the plugins, and just let activated Cornerstone: no changes.
  4. We do not have such custom elements!
  5. I wasn’t able to find the htaccess file, to reset it. So, on this point, I cannot say anything.
  6. I went into the code of wp-config.php and added the memory lines to increase the allocated memory: no changes.

I have to say that I do not really understand what could cause the issue. Do you think you would be able to have a look at it?

How exactly could I provide you with these credentials?

Thank you for your time @basanta!

We wish you a really nice day :star2:

Hi There,

Thanks for the confirmation!
To give the details in secure note please key button in bottom of the post.

please send the details so that we have a look.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I checked your website and disabled all plugins except the Cornerstone and it indeed works ok in the Cornerstone. But I still see some problems while dragging and drop.

Please, kindly backup your website completely and update the theme to version 5.2.5 and Cornerstone to version 2.1.7.

Thank you.

Hi @christopher.amirian! :smiley:

Hell yessss, it’s now working perfectly on the drag & drop feature.

I thought The X was up-to-date and that is indeed what it showed me in the theme section, but in fact, it wasn’t!

The second I updated it, the drag & drop started to work again, and I really thank you for leading me on the way of the update of the theme.

I really thank you guys for your help and time, you rock :heart:

The whole Eonity team is wishing you a wonderful week-end :star2:

You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.