Cornerstone edits arent being reflected on the frontend

Hi everyone, I require any assistance you can give in regards to this. I have followed through a lot of previous posts with similar issues (I performed local browser cache clearing, php and wordpress memory increases etc). But I think I have narrowed my issue down to a very specific and strange instance.

When editing in cornerstone (or through the top admin page via the front end when logged in as admin) X > Edit Page then I can see all of my latest edits. However when I get out of cornerstone editing, it all seems to disappear to a default of some kind. Although partials of my further back prior changes are holding fine. (screenshots shown for reference).

As an additional point this is all being made an run on my localhost (XAMPP) setup for the time being before going live on the actual .com address.

Not within Cornerstone:

Within Cornerstone:

Hi there,

This seems to be an issue of the Caching or the plugin conflict indeed. I know you already mentioned you tried some of the steps below but I insist on double checking each and every step to make sure we rule out all possible cases:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  8. Check the article below: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-builder-preview-warnings/14404/

If you still have problems I’m afraid you will need to move your website to a live server so that we can have an access to it for further investigation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the help, actually while looking into one of your fixes (particularly on your part regarding the child and standard theme) I found I think somehow, Integrity’s Typography (specifically on headings) is overwriting my edits when not viewing the theme within cornerstone. Now does that mean this is derivative of an install/theme setting fault on my part? Or is this a possible bug?

Hi Chris,

Please forgive my question. I worked it out. It seemed it was the Element itself I was using. I was using the Headline element which is actually locked to the Themes global Typography for headings. Where as I should have used Text and formatted them the same. That has since corrected the issue.

It explains why only in cornerstones mode it was showing the edits, and not in standard viewing mode

Glad that you’ve managed to overcome the problem :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.