Cornerstone editor not working: typeerror: cannot read property 'indexof' of undefined in getStack()

Hi,

We updated the Cornerstone plugin (including the full X package) for a client and we ran into some trouble. Everything seemed to work fine until we tried to edit an item. The Cornerstone logo shows up and then just sits there. I noticed the following error in the (browser) console:

“typeerror: cannot read property ‘indexof’ of undefined” in getStack()

And before that it complains about JSON not being formatted correctly (I checked the response in Chrome’s Network tab and, indeed, it was a blank response).

Note: I did a rollback on the plugin so I don’t have the exact error messages lying around anymore. I could provide them if it’s really necessary…

We updated Cornerstone from 1.3.3 to 2.16 - a big jump - so I think this may be the cause of the issue. I’d like to see if I can install incremental updates and avoid the issue. But where can I find the individual updates? Wordpress only offers to install the latest version.

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had issues after updating. Usually this comes down to a conflict with a plugin you have active or a customization. Regretfully without seeing it first hand there isn’t much we can do. If you update again (maybe on a staging site) let us know and we can take a closer look. You can add login credentials to a secure note.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi there,

Thank you for the login information. Unfortunately, without having the admin privileges we cannot access the sections to test things out.

Also, I see that you did not update the theme and Cornerstone to the latest version. So would you please back up your dev site completely and then update the theme and Cornerston to version 5.2.5 and 1.2.7 and get back to us with the result?

If you still see problems kindly follow the troubleshooting guide below and get back to us with the results:

The reason that you could not add a reply was that the thread was closed automatically after 10 days of inactivity. Now it is open and you can reply back.

Thank you.