Cornerstone editor not working on homepage -shows no content in preview

Hi there,
On our home page the cornerstone editor is not working. I see all the cornerstone shortcodes in the editor (just like all the other pages) but once I click edit with cornerstone the live preview popsup but only the header and footer show.

I have been reading through the forum and it looks like a lot of others are having the same issue.

I went through and tried the basic troubleshooting being done for this:
disabling plugins
increasing php limit

Hi @squareplanet

Please try the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If this didn’t help, then please provide us with WordPress Dashboard login details in a “Secure Note” so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks.

Hi There,

I did check the page and it seems to be edited outside of the Cornerstone, did you or one of your team member happen to edit the page outside of Cornerstone? Try restoring/revision the page from the previous date before this issue happen.

If that did not work, unfortunately, there is no other way around this but you need to redo the page in Cornerstone.

Thanks,

No, we do have a good amount of backups that i’ve restored with no avail.

How do you guys determine something has been edited OUTSIDE of cornerstone?

I am asking this because the editor shows the CS shortcode meaning the page is built with Cornerstone, is this not correct?

If you compare the homepage and the about page they both show the shortcode and load up in the editor the same way except the homepage does not load content.

Hi @squareplanet,

The shortcode is just a remnant of the data created from cornerstone. It was there in case the data got corrupted, so the page content will no just going to be blank. But, once the data is corrupted, your builder content will be empty but of course, shortcodes in the standard is still there.

It’s not just the editing outside cornerstone, migration, database editing, and similar could corrupt the serialized data. You can restore your site to when it’s still working, or re-build your content in a dummy page (not affecting the existing shortcodes) and then just import it to the actual home page once done.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.