Cornerstone Editor Not Working (lots of troubleshooting already)

Hi, so I’ve done a lot of troubleshooting here and nothing has worked. My site’s URL is http://commercialdrones.fm

Basically, the “Edit With Cornerstone” text link when hovering over posts no longer shows up. I cannot edit posts with Cornerstone anymore at all.

However, when looking at the pages menu, I see the “Edit With Cornerstone” text link and can successfully edit pages only with Cornerstone (not posts).

This is a problem. X also seems to just not be working since my favicon is missing and other features of my website.

I’ve disabled all plugins and nothing has helped. I’ve also adjusted between many different PHP versions (from 5.4 up to 7.2). Nothing helps and I haven’t changed anything at all. Many features of my site are not working at this time. Please help.

The problem has also persisted through the latest X and Cornerstone updates, it’s still there. It started sometime after May 23, 2018.

Thanks!

Hey @thenamesian,

Sorry to hear you’re having this issue for a long time. In this case, since you already have done a lot of troubleshooting, please give us WP admin and FTP access in a Secure Note so we could determine where the issue is coming from.

If you don’t mind, could you tell us what troubleshooting steps you have done already?

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y, thank you, I added the secure note.

Steps I have already tried are:

Deactivating all of my plugins and see if that helped (it didn’t).
Changing PHP versions from 5.3 incrementally all the way up to 7.2

Thanks!!

Hi there,

You will have to enable Post in the Permissions Manager so that you will be able to use Cornerstone on post types.

Please check this link for more details:

Hope this helps.

That worked, thank you. I’m very confused how this was disabled in the first place, though. It should never have changed but glad this is resolved.

Hey @thenamesian,

You’re welcome. That was disabled on purpose during the update.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.